I've Seen a Reoccuring Trend in Users Branching off of ROBLOX
They are see being a moderator as a good thing they should reach for. To tell the truth, in a forum a moderator is just a person that deletes and moves things.

In other words, it is a job. I think you should all direct your thoughts to having fun rather than trying to get a job that may make things less fun. But what do I know? I have only moderated images so I don't know much about the job of a forum mod.

But I do know one thing, less people should be thinking about mods atm.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
Yeah when your a mod. You have popularity. Everyone wants to be popular
[Image: dancerssssssss.gif]
You make a good point, MingYan. Most people will do it for the reputation. Fame. Popularity. Control. Sense of feeling higher. Others do it to keep the site clean. Those are few.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
I don't think users realize it's a JOB. You have to put in hours every week.
(04-11-2011, 12:51 AM)Login Wrote: You make a good point, MingYan. Most people will do it for the reputation. Fame. Popularity. Control. Sense of feeling higher. Others do it to keep the site clean. Those are few.

Yeah, moderation is not for fame, in fact on some sites people don't even acknowledge people being mods, they just post and talk to them normally.

Personally, I find the job of a mod in a highly active/populated forum as living hell [pardon my language]. Having to remove so many things, disagreeing with other mods, having to judge the rules, stalkers, can't do anything with out being noticed, haters, spammers, and the list goes on.

That's why I like just looking at images and going; yes, no, yes, no.

When you were moderating images, could you ban others for trying to post something really bad?

And what happened/did you do when you accidently let a bad one in?
[Image: rogershanksluffy_display.gif]
(04-11-2011, 12:56 AM)MingYan Wrote:
(04-11-2011, 12:51 AM)Login Wrote: You make a good point, MingYan. Most people will do it for the reputation. Fame. Popularity. Control. Sense of feeling higher. Others do it to keep the site clean. Those are few.

Seems boring. Click: Yes. Click: No. Yes. No. No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. [ repeat 24 times ] No.

[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(04-11-2011, 12:58 AM)Login Wrote:
(04-11-2011, 12:56 AM)MingYan Wrote:

Seems boring. Click: Yes. Click: No. Yes. No. No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. [ repeat 24 times ] No.

No, seeing the cool things people made makes it worth the while.
Oh and no, I could not ban anyone; that is an admin's job.