Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Religion Thread
(12-19-2012, 01:20 AM)Tax Wrote: "Wrong. You aren't "Lutheran" if you're born to a Lutheran family, that's their decision, not yours. You don't automatically inherit mommy and daddy's religion.

In fact, it seems to me that a lot of you don't understand the religion. Buildism, you said that if God were real he'd be helping us. But if that were true, we'd have no need for faith, and God's just showing us how horrible our own species (humans) are, which emphasizes our need for faith."

Yes you do automatically inherit your parents faith/faiths.
It is just UP TO YOU what you want to be.

Wat? If you can choose then you don't inherit it. But what ev I don't understand your logic one bit.
~Off topic's favorite misanthropic feline~
Let me tell you something:

God's name isn't Jesus. The word Hallelujah is Hebrew, which is translate: Praise Jah. Jah is known as Yahweh and that is Jehovah. Jehovah is the god. But Jesus purpose on earth was to tell people about God and all the beautiful things he created. He also told people about the kingdom he lived in as an angel before he went to earth, and the incoming kingdom on earth known as Paradise. Jesus died so that all the "rightful to the kingdom" could wake up in a beautiful paradise after Armageddon. Armageddon is the war of God. God didn't mean us to die or suffer, but the first humans Adam And Eva that god created were told not to eat from the apple in the garden. But the snake "Satan" told them to eat from it and they realised they were both naked and that they sinned against god. So god took them out of the garden and they got older and eventually died. But before they died they got 2 children, Kain and Abel. Kain got jealous cause God was happier for Abel then Kain so Kain took Abel in the farm fields and Kain killed Abel. Abel was the first person to die. In the paradise all of the people you loved will be waken. If you act like a right person and follow the rules of God, your soul will be spared. But If you don't, then your soul will be destroyed. There is also no hell. If God created us because he is the God of all the Goodness, he wouldn't create a hell where people could suffer. Now if you sinned and is really sorry, beg to god to forgive yourself and he will forgive you. This doesn't mean you go to a church every time you sinned and beg sorry but in your heart didn't. Do it trough your whole soul and heart. The Holy spirit does exist. Only god can give it to us and he is the source of it. Now when will armageddon come you might wonder? It will come when people start seeing bad on the people that follow the rules of God. I'm a Jehovah's Witness and It will most likely happen when the people turn against my religion. God's first creation was Jesus. He is an angel as I told you already. And there are many more angels in heaven. Now there is only 144 thousand that can get to heaven and they are picked by God to rule the heaven and the paradise with Jesus. 1914 all the angels and demons fought each other in heaven and God punished them to earth, and that is also the year when the first World war started, and since that day the world has become much worse then before. Like the days of Noah. There is a lot of biblical proof that all the stories of the biblical persons are true. Now why I think the church beliefs are wrong? It's because the priests do not act like true priests. I have heard that they even child molest small children and think it's normal? And Homosexuality is also wrong. God meant us male to get a wife and have a happy life together and make children, not to marry us with other male people and that is sinning against the rule of God. Now you are probably saying "why should we believe on this just because all it was written 2000 years ago". Because a lot of people living from different biblical times to another time were writing the same thing and same things as the people before themselves, god has even spoken to some of these biblical people and used different people to write the bible. Why my religion bible is the true one, it is because we let the bible answer it's questions by searching it from the bible and so we re wrote the bible trough it's own answers and questions answering itself. That is the way we know it is the true one. Now for example if you tell someone about a book you made for example 2000 years ago (if we had a time machine) and you would get back to your normal time, many people think it would be a myth and many people would have re wrote the story from the original one. Making the original book false with false facts, That is the book of the church today.
People cannot rule this earth by itself, we have wars and no one can stop them, only god can and he will. Humans are not perfect humans as Adam And Eva were when they lived in the garden of eden. If you have any questions or miss understanding you just read about then please just ask me, I know you will start flaming me and accusing me about something here being wrong, but that is your own decision if you want to believe on this, or not. You will see that I were right about armageddon when It actually will happen. It will come like a "thief in a night when we are asleep", So I suggest you stay awake.
Thank-you. (I'm not trying to warn you or accuse, or to like tell your religion wrong in any way. I'm just telling you the most I've learnt)

And more specific information about why Jesus is not God.
Jesus referred to himself as “God’s Son” or “the Son of God.” (John 10:36; 11:4) Jesus never identified himself as Almighty God.
Moreover, Jesus prayed to God. (Matthew 26:39) And while teaching his followers how to pray, Jesus said: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.”—Matthew 6:9.
Jesus revealed God’s name when he quoted an ancient passage of Scripture and said: “Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.”—Mark 12:29; Deuteronomy 6:4.
(12-17-2012, 03:02 AM)BuildistGuard Wrote: If god is real, why is there so much suffering happening in this world right now? Is the world going to end? Definitely not. The 2010s are worse than the 2000s so far. I thought the new decades would be better than the previous ones!
Is god to blame for our suffering?
The Bible emphatically answers no! Suffering was not part of Jehovah God’s purpose for mankind. However, the first human couple rebelled against God’s rulership, choosing to set their own standards of good and bad. They turned away from God and suffered the consequences.
Today we are experiencing the effects of their bad choice. But in no way did God originate human suffering.
The Bible says: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” (James 1:13) Suffering can afflict anyone—even those who are favored by God.
Since 1914 there was a war in heaven between the angels and demons, God sent the demons on earth and since that day, the world has become worse. That is why 2010 is much worse then
2000 because Satan is misleading people all the time.
[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.
Christianity is just a philosophical-religion, nothing is objectively wrong. As a human who has subjective opinions, I would certainly say there is nothing wrong with homosexuality because there is no reason or logic that we can conceive to be against it.
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
So I insult atheism, I get my post deleted. He insults Christianity, let him get on with it. Suure.
(01-19-2013, 08:59 AM)Kieron Wrote: So I insult atheism, I get my post deleted. He insults Christianity, let him get on with it. Suure.

It was because you use a personal attack against me.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
You also personally attacked Dennis Terry. Also every Christian.
I did edit out some of the PA bits of BG's post, but apparently he then re-edited them back in. Warned.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
I don't know a single person who is born Atheist. And if anyone here is born Atheist, I bet that at least their grandparents or mostly likely their parents were religious, but gave it up.
(02-07-2013, 03:03 AM)BuildistGuard Wrote: I don't know a single person who is born Atheist. And if anyone here is born Atheist, I bet that at least their grandparents or mostly likely their parents were religious, but gave it up.

My parents were religious, but they never really bothered to make me religious too. So in a way, I was.
My parents are really strict Catholics and used to force me to go to Church and I completely obeyed them, but until I was 11 and a half, then that is when I became an Atheist.