Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Windows 8 worth upgrading to?
I honestly hate it.
It's everything Windows 7 is, just dumbed down so a soccer mom can check her email on Internet Explorer. Boot speeds are identical and hot corners is the worst thing Microsoft has done to desktop computers since Vista.
If you want a fast OS go for Linux Mint. Ubuntu if you really know your stuff. If you want to stay with Windows, upgrade to Windows 7 ultimate.
(01-21-2013, 03:24 AM)Innerwebs Wrote: I honestly hate it.
It's everything Windows 7 is, just dumbed down so a soccer mom can check her email on Internet Explorer. Boot speeds are identical and hot corners is the worst thing Microsoft has done to desktop computers since Vista.
If you want a fast OS go for Linux Mint. Ubuntu if you really know your stuff. If you want to stay with Windows, upgrade to Windows 7 ultimate.

Thanks for the very helpful advice.
I have never understood why people like Linux so much, can someone tell me what's so great about it? One of my old friends in middle school (Marc) loved Linux and he was a Minecraft modder too.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.

Imo dual booting is the way to go, and it's not really dumbed down. It's not to hard to override the locks.
(01-21-2013, 03:43 AM)Oak Wrote:

I have never understood why people like Linux so much, can someone tell me what's so great about it? One of my old friends in middle school (Marc) loved Linux and he was a Minecraft modder too.

Because it's a completely open code. No limitations. I'd be using it right now if I actually knew how Unix code works.
(01-21-2013, 05:31 AM)Innerwebs Wrote:
(01-21-2013, 03:43 AM)Oak Wrote:

Because it's a completely open code. No limitations. I'd be using it right now if I actually knew how Unix code works.

sudo apt-get install lrn2ubuntu
You know, now that I think of it, "Ubuntu" sounds like an African dance.

Well I WAS the walrus.
I tried Windows 8, never going near it again unless they have the start menu preinstalled and fix nearly all the bugs until the day I die, seriously. I don't want to be forced to use it at school.
I wonder why people think that "Tablets are the future" or they are "better than laptops". That's like saying food in a pill is the future. Tablets are for people who are too stupid to use a computer such as a laptop or a desktop. Except when your in a place that is really dangerous and has no comfortable place to sit on, laptops are much better, even at the beach or the car. At the beach, you could just make a solar paneled powered Laptop. Also tablet interfaces are for really simple less than two minute things. Even there, buttons are a lot better and affordable. Plus, Tablets have usually a quarter of the storage a computer has to offer. Tablets are also only good for people who are surgeons, doctors, people that travel so much and that they can't carry their laptops in the designated place.

Why can't you have a light laptop instead of a tablet people unless you go to really dangerous place and have no place to put the laptop at. Laptops are better if you don't travel literally every 2 weeks. But DO NOT put a Tablet interface on a computer operating system, literally! A Start menu is necessary for nearly everything and makes sorting stuff out a lot quicker, keep Windows 7 on the desktop while making it run faster and fixing the bugs! Microsoft, wake up and realize people want the tablet/smartphone interface on the computer because are they too stupid/gullible to use a computer such as a laptop/desktop.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
Buildist, stop being so biased and radical.
Tablets are mainly used because they are small and very portable, my dad who is a doctor and surgeon needs his iPad on the go since he travels literally every week and he cant carry his MacBook Pro on the plane since it's too big. He has patients across the nation (US).

Well I WAS the walrus.
(01-21-2013, 02:31 PM)Oak Wrote: You know, now that I think of it, "Ubuntu" sounds like an African dance.
If I'm not mistaken, Ubuntu actually means "humanity towards others" and is a South African philosophy.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
(01-21-2013, 07:28 PM)BuildistGuard Wrote: I tried Windows 8, never going near it again unless they have the start menu preinstalled and fix nearly all the bugs until the day I die, seriously. I don't want to be forced to use it at school.
I wonder why people think that "Tablets are the future" or they are "better than laptops". That's like saying food in a pill is the future. Tablets are for people who are too stupid to use a computer such as a laptop or a desktop. Except when your in a place that is really dangerous and has no comfortable place to sit on, laptops are much better, even at the beach or the car. At the beach, you could just make a solar paneled powered Laptop. Also tablet interfaces are for really simple less than two minute things. Even there, buttons are a lot better and affordable. Plus, Tablets have usually a quarter of the storage a computer has to offer. Tablets are also only good for people who are surgeons, doctors, people that travel so much and that they can't carry their laptops in the designated place.

Why can't you have a light laptop instead of a tablet people unless you go to really dangerous place and have no place to put the laptop at. Laptops are better if you don't travel literally every 2 weeks. But DO NOT put a Tablet interface on a computer operating system, literally! A Start menu is necessary for nearly everything and makes sorting stuff out a lot quicker, keep Windows 7 on the desktop while making it run faster and fixing the bugs! Microsoft, wake up and realize people want the tablet/smartphone interface on the computer because are they too stupid/gullible to use a computer such as a laptop/desktop.

I completely agree with you. Microsoft should have just made 2 versions of Windows 8. A tablet version and a computer version. They would have made so much money ripping dumb customers off.
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]