Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

THQ went out of business today
Source
The company assets were officially auctioned off and sold today.
Koch Media received the Metro property and Volition (Saint's Row).
Ubisoft going to buy THQ Montreal.
Sega purchased the studio working on Company of Heroes.
Crytek is buying Homefront.
An unannounced game, Evolve, is being purchased by Take-Two.
I'm really sad to see THQ go, since they were one of the few good game publishers.
Wow. I've got at least 3 or 4 PS2 games by them. I only recognize three of the companies you listed as buyers, and I don't think I have games from any of them (wait, no, I do have ESPN NFL 2K5, by Sega).

Stinks to see any game publisher bite the dust, let alone forced to sell out even partially to Sega.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
(01-23-2013, 11:28 PM)Ghosty Wrote: Stinks to see any game publisher bite the dust
I'd love to see EA burn in a plane crash.
(01-23-2013, 11:29 PM)Innerwebs Wrote:
(01-23-2013, 11:28 PM)Ghosty Wrote: Stinks to see any game publisher bite the dust
I'd love to see EA burn in a plane crash.

Not everything EA is terrible.

But I own NASCAR '08 for the PS2.

I only play that game because it's somewhat cruel fun driving into the left side of a car, turning left, watch it do a 180 3-axis flip, and then driving through pit road every lap because the 41 other drivers keep on mindlessly plowing into the log jam time after time again, then wrecking myself on the last lap and being credited as the winner even though there are 8 other cars still running.

NASCAR '06: TOTAL TEAM CONTROL, though, was awesome.
THQ?
Also I have Saints Row 3.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
(01-23-2013, 11:33 PM)Ghosty Wrote: Not everything EA is terrible.

[Image: 82gVcGi.png]
OMG SAVINGS UP TO 5 DOLLARS
Steam has over a thousand games under 5 dollars and the sales are 20%-66% off right now.

It's a shame, I own Metro 2033 and Company of Heroes from them.
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
Interestingly enough, one of the Steam 'specials' listed there is an EA game. Tongue

But now we're going way off topic. This thread isn't about how EA mostly-or-completely sucks...
(01-23-2013, 11:45 PM)Innerwebs Wrote:
(01-23-2013, 11:33 PM)Ghosty Wrote: Not everything EA is terrible.

OMG SAVINGS UP TO 5 DOLLARS
Steam has over a thousand games under 5 dollars and the sales are 20%-66% off right now.

That's why I love Valve. They know how to make deals, and even give some of their greatest games for free (Dota 2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal).
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
I remembered a funny story just now.
In an interview EA attacked Steam saying that because of their sales, game devs are getting less and less money and that Valve promotes pirating games through their sale.
After that article went public, Gaben, or a different Steam rep came out and explained that Steam Sales provide a better way for game devs to grow and distribute their product, since the sales make it more accessible for more people to buy these games and netting the developer and publisher more money when they release a new game, since more people will be open to that developer's games.
This is heavily paraphrased, I don't have a link to the source, sadly.