I'm scared to make threads.
Why would anyone be scared?
One of our users decided to break the rules ending up getting banned, that's all.
(04-19-2011, 11:03 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 11:01 PM)Noli Wrote: I'm scared for everyone. This is getting a little extreme now. Pretty soon, we'll run out of name snipes for Kieron to make alts with.

You only get 3 accounts.

Proxies can get around that though, right?
The question is what rule was broken...even in interpretation of the rule even with my own rule of people's pursuit of happiness, I didn't see anything broken.

The rule on dead forum posts was made after he had posted them.

He didn't massively post the same thing and the things he posted off topic could either be considered buildism related or were just because that forum section was dead and he wanted views.
(04-19-2011, 11:07 PM)Noli Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 11:03 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 11:01 PM)Noli Wrote: I'm scared for everyone. This is getting a little extreme now. Pretty soon, we'll run out of name snipes for Kieron to make alts with.

You only get 3 accounts.

Proxies can get around that though, right?

I tried to make an account for my sister twice on two different proxies, it didn't work.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(04-19-2011, 11:08 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote: The question is what rule was broken...even in interpretation of the rule even with my own rule of people's pursuit of happiness, I didn't see anything broken.

The rule on dead forum posts was made after he had posted them.

He didn't massively post the same thing and the things he posted off topic could either be considered buildism related or were just because that forum section was dead and he wanted views.
I strongly disagree with "just because it's dead it can be posted in the active forum" tone. Posting something like scripting requests in a Buildism Discussion, the scripters won't be there, especially when this site gets big. They'll be focused on Scripting. You'll get responses such as: "Sorry, I don't know scripting" thus, creating spam. If you can't wait for a response, then don't post. To go along with that, if the whole forum is dead, someone will wait for any thread on any forum to come.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
If we are talking about the scripting [coding] section, I disagree. Many people who are "scripters" are social and will be in the generic forum for posting about the game. In fact, you will probably get more posts from scripters on it.

I think an off topic post that was made for the reason of it being dead should simply be moved to the proper forum. Not only will it no longer be in the wrong place, it will show the REPLIERS how dead that section is hopefully making it more active.

The only reason, I feel like it isn't that bad is because even I experience this. I have posted in scripting and got 1 post after a whole day.
For a forum, 1 day of inactivity is dead.

2 months ago, 2 new threads per forum a day here was livin' fast. Be glad that all these new users (including you guys) joined in April.
Perhaps, but, that would mean that Buildism Discussion would be filled with off-topic stuff, making the off-topic rule broken. To go along with that, that's like saying "forum is dead so I can break rules" and that's just quite not fair for when it's not dead.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Ok...This thread has goneoff-topic.
[Image: finn_flag.gif]
(04-19-2011, 11:20 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: 2 months ago, 2 new threads per forum a day here was livin' fast. Be glad that all these new users (including you guys) joined in April.
Yeah but that is still a dead forum. Even if it was a few users.
For example, the forum on BLOXman! is dead even though it just has a few users.

Plus at that time no one would complain because no one was used to an active forum.

(04-19-2011, 11:22 PM)Login Wrote: Perhaps, but, that would mean that Buildism Discussion would be filled with off-topic stuff, making the off-topic rule broken. To go along with that, that's like saying "forum is dead so I can break rules" and that's just quite not fair for when it's not dead.

No, people don't act like that. If they did, there would already be a bunch of off topic posts. I don't see off topic posts as a huge rule because it can be fixed so easily.
Plus no one, not even Kieron would act like this--"forum is dead so I can break rules". That's called bring a smart alack. [for a lack of a better word]

I think the real intention was "I really want this question answered as soon as possible no matter what." Because it really just looked like he wanted some help...