I think I am learing how to script (Sort of the realy basics)
(05-14-2011, 10:55 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Because that works in this case, but it only works if count <= 10 when the loop starts.

It's easier when just beginning to do something that will always work than try to figure out which way to do it (especially when editing an existing, usually long, script).

just never ever tell people "while true do" before telling them what a while loop is

makes bad coding habits and they won't understand what
"while i<=10 do"
means
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
(05-15-2011, 01:27 AM)toast Wrote:
(05-14-2011, 10:55 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Because that works in this case, but it only works if count <= 10 when the loop starts.

It's easier when just beginning to do something that will always work than try to figure out which way to do it (especially when editing an existing, usually long, script).

just never ever tell people "while true do" before telling them what a while loop is

makes bad coding habits and they won't understand what
"while i<=10 do"
means

Remember when I said the REALY Basics? ;3
Yup. That's what I'm trying to say :3

You guys (and me, to some extent) are somewhat experts at coding. But when I first started, I was infuriated that there wasn't much good scripting help -- the R wiki was too complicated. I can understand it fine now, but when you start out you just need to know the basics before you get into details.