The problem with being a moderator...
Star 
When something goes wrong, we get blamed -- often unfairly.

For instance, Bob (random name for sake of representation) gets PAd by Joe. Bob retorts, and Bob and Joe start flaming each other. Bob and Joe get 3-day bans from Steve. Bob suddenly hates Steve, even though Steve was just punishing a flamer. The way Bob sees it, he was attacked and got punished for it. Even though he was banned for PAing Joe back.

Or, Bob makes a skin that's a copy of one of Joe's. Steve deletes it because it's "spam" -- there's already an identical one out there. Bob posts, "Why did you delete my perfectly rule-obeying skin? It's the end of the freedom of Speech and Expression!" *ragequit* Even though it did break a rule -- copying.

I'm not saying we are perfect -- there have been a few punishments that have been revoked after the other mods looked at it -- and I'm not saying everyone who we punish rages at us, I'm just saying -- if we say you did something wrong and you think it wasn't wrong, look at it twice before you rage at us -- and even then, don't get mad, just tell us what you think was unfair and we'll look at it.

We're people too -- not machines designed to weed out anything unperfect.
I perfectly understand it
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
This is why i dont want to be a mod, to much responsabilities...
Damn straight- We do all we can, and apparently that isn't enough?
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]
One thing I hate is when people complain about not enough mods are online.

Does anyone realize we have life's too?
(05-21-2011, 10:17 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: When something goes wrong, we get blamed -- often unfairly.

For instance, Bob (random name for sake of representation) gets PAd by Joe. Bob retorts, and Bob and Joe start flaming each other. Bob and Joe get 3-day bans from Steve. Bob suddenly hates Steve, even though Steve was just punishing a flamer. The way Bob sees it, he was attacked and got punished for it. Even though he was banned for PAing Joe back.

Or, Bob makes a skin that's a copy of one of Joe's. Steve deletes it because it's "spam" -- there's already an identical one out there. Bob posts, "Why did you delete my perfectly rule-obeying skin? It's the end of the freedom of Speech and Expression!" *ragequit* Even though it did break a rule -- copying.

I'm not saying we are perfect -- there have been a few punishments that have been revoked after the other mods looked at it -- and I'm not saying everyone who we punish rages at us, I'm just saying -- if we say you did something wrong and you think it wasn't wrong, look at it twice before you rage at us -- and even then, don't get mad, just tell us what you think was unfair and we'll look at it.

We're people too -- not machines designed to weed out anything unperfect.
Well, I have never been raged at, due to my approach. I set up the Warning so that way the user knows what they did, and sometimes I'll link to the post. I'll even state it's fine to object to your warning if you think it was unfair. I also tell the time it expires.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Quote: there have been a few punishments that have been revoked after the other mods looked at it

Such as my deletion ._.
[Image: cxAECR.png]
[Image: r8umfc.gif]
(05-22-2011, 08:28 AM)McNoobster Wrote:
Quote: there have been a few punishments that have been revoked after the other mods looked at it

Such as my deletion ._.

And ducks- which was mercifully changed from a permanent to a week ban.
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa
[Image: Animated.gif?t=1314294800]
People just need to stop complaining and move on with their lives. Mods are only human
[Image: dancerssssssss.gif]
Just don't fight fire with fire.

Done!
Also, don't let your pride get the better of you.