Here's what the school said on a diagnostic report about my reading level
"Jarrett's reading level is comparable to a 9th Grader in the seventh month of school"

I'm in 5'th grade.

In third grade, I had a 7'th grade reading level.
[Image: finn_flag.gif]
Wow good for you dude, I applause.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
I read at a college grade level.
[Image: icnrpi.gif]
[Image: 27886.png]
I read just about anything I can that I'm interested in after the first 10 pages.

An 800 page biography of Abraham Lincoln? Sure, it's well-written. I'll finish it in about a week.

A 750 page enormous 8-in-1 Tarzan of the Apes Collection? Read it in 3 days while I was in bed sick.

Hank the Cowdog? If there's nothing else worth looking through, definitely.

The popular novel 100 Cupboards? I never want to hear that title again. >Sad
(05-25-2011, 11:39 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I read just about anything I can that I'm interested in after the first 10 pages.

An 800 page biography of Abraham Lincoln? Sure, it's well-written. I'll finish it in about a week.

A 750 page enormous 8-in-1 Tarzan of the Apes Collection? Read it in 3 days while I was in bed sick.

Hank the Cowdog? If there's nothing else worth looking through, definitely.

The popular novel 100 Cupboards? I never want to hear that title again. >Sad

The only series I can NOT read in under a week is Twilight. god, I hate those books.
[Image: icnrpi.gif]
[Image: 27886.png]
I've never read them, never plan on doing it.

My favorite author as of now is Gordan Korman. There's nothing more vexing than the last book in "Island" being perennially checked out of the library... before you've read it.

At least the first two books showed it wasn't likely his best series... BUT THE SUSPENSE HAS BEEN KILLING ME FOR 2 YEARS NOW!!!! :furious:
(05-25-2011, 11:47 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I've never read them, never plan on doing it.

My favorite author as of now is Gordan Korman. There's nothing more vexing than the last book in "Island" being perennially checked out of the library... before you've read it.

At least the first two books showed it wasn't likely his best series... BUT THE SUSPENSE HAS BEEN KILLING ME FOR 2 YEARS NOW!!!! :furious:

Island... Nostalgia! Everest was good too.
Everest was awsome.

What makes having read that all the more awsome is -- in the 39 Clues, he wrote the book where the Clue is at the top of -- Mount Everest.
Tests like these are all lies. Someone cannot be good at reading.
Reading is not judged by speed and vocabulary and literary knowledge is not a reading rank, but a comprehension rank.

Also judging by your essay [no offense] but a person in my grade that wrote something such as that would be a low D.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
School grading systems are completely whack -- which is why I've never gone to school.

In my opinion, being a good reader is taking time to read a book when you could be doing something else that you don't consider quite as, but almost as, fun -- like foruming or playing an old PlayStation game. And reading new books every so often, and not taking forever to read them, but still reading them thouroughly.

Having a good vocab helps -- so does an understanding of what the words mean.

For example, Insult means to "jump on" or "jump at" someone.
Utopia means "no place".
Laconic refers to Laconia, the land of the Spartans, who were famous for their short replies (in addition to their readiness to fight).