Multiple Worlds
Would anyone be interested in a feature that allows you to have multiple worlds in one game?
O.O

Are you KIDDING?!!?!?!

OF COURSE! That would... I mean... That's like taking a ROBLOX game and turning it into a Playstation game. That's how epic that would be.
That would be cool, what would also be cool would to be able to make the games bigger
Big Grin
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
@Glome

That's called the Size property of World. Big Grin
I'm assuming that that's like you have several 'tabs' in the editor. Each one is a different World with different objects in it. The character would automatically spawn in World 1 (unless there was a SpawnLocation somewhere else). Via scripts you could change the Character's Parent to a different World. Only the current world would show up in the editor.

But that's just what I think it would be -- Jacob_ might have something slightly different in mind.
Ignore my last post, multiple words would be amazing, just can't we do this manually???
(05-31-2011, 07:58 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: @Glome

That's called the Size property of World. Big Grin

You can change that? Hmmm, might just not work on mine cause my editor is really glitchy.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Techinically, you can actually, but all the parts still show up in the editor and it just makes bugs.
Y...Y.....YES!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Just what I needed! You sir, are a mind-reader!
I'm going to make a downloadable editor first, since I've seen that requested a couple times, then I'll work on the worlds. It might take several days to do--all of the game's code assumes that there is only one world.

I was originally going to have each World object in the editor correspond to a physical world, but then I realized that the World is a service, so there can only be one. So instead each world will be a completely separate game hierarchy, and you'll access them using game:getWorld("worldname"), which will return another root object.

This will take a long time to code, but I think it'll be worth it!