An e-mail has been served.
Email I plan to send to info@roblox.com.
I want to see their reply.

-------------------------------------
Earlier today, a site I moderate (CubeBomb, "http://www.cubebomb.com/") was DoS attacked by users from ROBLOX's Off-Topic forum section.

This attack was organized and planned on said forum section, and posts about the incident were not moderated against until after the site was attacked, a decent while later.

In the time it took for the moderation team to respond to the posts, another site (Buildism, "http://www.buildism.net") was spam attacked, causing the developer (Jacob_, Twitter @Jacob__) to close down the site to prevent a possible DoS attack or further vandalism.

The developer of CubeBomb was forced to re-open the website, at which time the moderation team, including myself (known as Phoenix on CubeBomb), began to clean up the mess left by your users.

The developer of CubeBomb, StuffMaker (Twitter @CBStuffy), chose not to file charges against the attackers.

I, however, as a volunteer Moderator of CubeBomb, would like to see some action taken on the ROBLOX staff's part to prevent such attacks from happening again against both CubeBomb and Buildism, as well as any other sites.

I ask in the most respectful way possible that you implement one or both of the following;

1. An amendment to the ROBLOX rules in accordance to this forum thread made by phpscriptcoder, aka the aforementioned "Jacob_"- http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.asp...D=48519362

2. Punishment to the extent you feel appropriate to the users who organized the raids/attacks on the 2 websites as listed above. Not only did they promote committing an illegal action (DoS attacking a website), they broke the rules of the ROBLOX forums as noted in this thread-

As I went to find the thread link, this post showed up. (See 6.12.11.907pmCST in attachments, PNG image file). Another example of behavior encouraging and even jokingly referencing DoS software.

Thread Link: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.asp...D=40345851

I hope you will understand that allowing your Off-Topic forum to become a place for planning illegal activities when "the mods aren't on" throws a very unprofessional shadow over your business and your game.

Allowing your users the opportunity to openly harass ours or go as far as take down our website makes your moderation look all but incompetent. I understand that moderators cannot watch the forum all the time but there's some point where you have to draw the line.

If your users cannot be trusted to not organize illegal activities on your forum without constant moderation then there needs to be changes made.
What these changes will or should be, I do not know. But to prevent something like this again before other sites are attacked should become a high priority for the ROBLOX staff.

Thank you for your time. I hope this e-mail is taken very seriously as the situation described in it has been taken extremely seriously by the developers of both aforementioned sites, as well as their respective moderation teems and users.

Note; I do not claim to be a paid employee of either site or a lawyer/attorney for either. I don't claim to own, in any way, shape or form, either site. I am sending this message as a volunteer moderator on CubeBomb, and was not ordered to do so by the developer of either site.
That out of the way, I do hope you will take this as seriously as if it were from a paid staff member of one of the sites.

-[[MYREALNAME]]
aka Gogohappy754 (ROBLOX)
aka Phoenix (CubeBomb)
---------------------------------------

Also- not sent yet, want to see what you guys think.
~Phoenix, Buildism's resident flaming bird, CubeBomb Moderator, Lua Coder, and overall mature individual. :3
Your sig has my name in it Smile

P.s this will hopefully be answered to.
[Image: dancerssssssss.gif]
ROBLOX is not responsible for what their users do. They will take this as some kind of joke.

That's like saying if a bully is in a mcdonalds, mcdonalds should do something about it...
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(06-13-2011, 02:31 AM)Chaos Wrote: ROBLOX is not responsible for what their users do. They will take this as some kind of joke.

That's like saying if a bully is in a mcdonalds, mcdonalds should do something about it...

If the bully is harassing customers, McD's would do good to kick him out- they'd lose business.

If people hear ROBLOX harbors DoSers, then it'll throw a bad name on their business.
Going to send soon. I'd like to have Jacob_'s opinion on it first, though.
~Phoenix, Buildism's resident flaming bird, CubeBomb Moderator, Lua Coder, and overall mature individual. :3
Send this, lets see if those brainless *censored*tards understand what they are doing is wrong in every way.
(06-13-2011, 02:33 AM)Phoenix Wrote:
(06-13-2011, 02:31 AM)Chaos Wrote: ROBLOX is not responsible for what their users do. They will take this as some kind of joke.

If the bully is harassing customers, McD's would do good to kick him out- they'd lose business.

If people hear ROBLOX harbors DoSers, then it'll throw a bad name on their business.
Going to send soon. I'd like to have Jacob_'s opinion on it first, though.

Sending. CC'ing to jacob_ for reference purposes.
VERY nice Email. Good job.
ROBLOX's bans are horrible, and barely work. I can get around an IP ban by deleting cookies, for example. My guess is that "anna" doesn't respond to your mail at all.
~ion496. What more can I say?
(06-13-2011, 04:37 AM)ion496 Wrote: ROBLOX's bans are horrible, and barely work. I can get around an IP ban by deleting cookies, for example. My guess is that "anna" doesn't respond to your mail at all.
Funny, Anna is the one who has helped me so much. Recovered lots of my accounts.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Nice E-mail!
[Image: finn_flag.gif]