What would you guys think of Buildism being advertised?
I feel users often don't have much people to talk to, and due to the age group (no offense, but it's natural! Even I have the urge at times!) patience is hard to master, so with less replies at a certain amount of time within your reply, the user will get off the forums. This means less activity.

Users can also feel a lot less communication due to lack of people. If Buildism was advertised on other sites, this would fix both above problems. But, this means Jacob_ risks losing money, as it costs a lot. Is it worth the risk, is the question.

As for money, advertising isn't a good source for money unless there is at least 100 people active a day. If I'm not correct, each ad view is equal to 5 cents (either that, or it was each click is 5 cents).

So, what do you think? Do you think that it would be a good idea to advertise the site, or wait up for more money, or just let it be like minecraft where they never advertised, but word spread via other sites?
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Not to advertise in a big scale by now, but to continue inviting players
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
We don't even have enough money to get a good host...
It's worth the risk, in my opinion.
[Image: finn_flag.gif]
(06-13-2011, 04:39 PM)noob007 Wrote: We don't even have enough money to get a good host...

I'm talking about advertising any time - i.e. ROBLOX started like in 2008? that's 4 years before they advertised.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Indie games are advertised by friends telling friends. Not huge advertising campaigns.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(06-13-2011, 04:44 PM)Login Wrote:
(06-13-2011, 04:39 PM)noob007 Wrote: We don't even have enough money to get a good host...

I'm talking about advertising any time - i.e. ROBLOX started like in 2008? that's 4 years before they advertised.

ROBLOX started in 2004 as a closed beta. They didn't start truly being a game site until late 2005 or early 2006 though.