Does asking to be a mod ruin my chances of being a mod?
If so, I just ruined my chances of being a mod. Big Grin
[Image: 5323jl.jpg]
yes

just because we are a small community doesnt mean any random guy who joins becomes a mod
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
Okay, Smile BYE BYE Moderator.
[Image: 5323jl.jpg]
It was already ruined.
We already have 10, and that's a large portion of our active community.
Anyway, Jacob's thinking about making an "application thread" for that kinda thing anyway, not just being picked from the community.
(06-13-2011, 11:51 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: We already have 10, and that's a large portion of our active community.
Anyway, Jacob's thinking about making an "application thread" for that kinda thing anyway, not just being picked from the community.

Bad idea. Anyone can put on a pretty face for the camera- seeing how you actually interact with other users should determine your position, not how well you can fake it.
~Phoenix, Buildism's resident flaming bird, CubeBomb Moderator, Lua Coder, and overall mature individual. :3
Instead of picking directly from the community it would be picking from the groups of people who applied through the thread.

And of course we'd all still know how they ... 'interact' and how they fit in with the community at large.
I like the 'hand-picked' moderator idea.

You see, when you are on here, the way you act is like your own personal resume, and the moderators see that.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
No, I don't see why asking would ruin your chance.
Qwertygiy Wrote:We already have 10, and that's a large portion of our active community.

Phoenix Wrote:Bad idea. Anyone can put on a pretty face for the camera- seeing how you actually interact with other users should determine your position, not how well you can fake it.

I have an idea here... perhaps we should give "applicants" or however it's spelled, a trainee moderator status. I don't know what priviledges they would get, but I'm thinking:

They are not allowed to ban, but maybe they can have a "request" to ban thing, that they press, sort of like a report, only they would fill out what they would do if in that position, and a mod looks at it and decides whether this is the right choice or not, etc.

O.OLOGICO.O