Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Reporting PAs
(07-08-2011, 07:13 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 07:11 PM)Login Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 07:01 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote: Not only do they not fit the guidelines of a Personal Attack, but someone cannot be in trouble for one comment.

The rules specifically say EXCESSIVE flaming/personal attacks. Unless it is a flame war, it is a false report and nothing will be done.

I don't think we should refer to it as a PA. PA can mean something like Public Announcement, or something so much more useful. I think if the flaming is meant to hurt the user, and is a very bad flame, then they should be warned/banned for it.
That only applies when it excessive and many of these reports are not even PAs.

Ming what's your definition of a personal attack?
They could at least get a warning for hurting another user...
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(07-08-2011, 07:13 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 07:11 PM)Login Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 07:01 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote: Not only do they not fit the guidelines of a Personal Attack, but someone cannot be in trouble for one comment.

The rules specifically say EXCESSIVE flaming/personal attacks. Unless it is a flame war, it is a false report and nothing will be done.

I don't think we should refer to it as a PA. PA can mean something like Public Announcement, or something so much more useful. I think if the flaming is meant to hurt the user, and is a very bad flame, then they should be warned/banned for it.
That only applies when it excessive and many of these reports are not even PAs.
In a report, if you report a specific post, you won't be directed to that post. Instead, you'll have to search through the thread to find that post that was the offense.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Yes, and you find it to be one single post. My definition of a PA is here:
http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-Personal-attacks

From what I last saw, Qwerty said you spammed due to your caps.
From what I last saw, Kieron only called you a hypocrite and there is already proof of that in your leaving thread itself.
From what I last saw, calling you a noob is not hurtful nor a PA.

Neither were excessive.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
This is the official definition of a personal attack: http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-Personal-attacks

Calling someone stupid or a noob is not a personal attack. However, it is considered flaming, which is still against the rules, but less severe than actual personal attacks.
(07-08-2011, 08:18 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: This is the official definition of a personal attack: http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-Personal-attacks

Calling someone stupid or a noob is not a personal attack. However, it is considered flaming, which is still against the rules, but less severe than actual personal attacks.
Agree'd, sorry for saying PA in those types, I will say flaming for now on.