Would you get in trouble for lying about your age on something?
Because I was thinking about joining Steam...
Doesn't matter, go lie and Valve will not care.
You have to be 13 to join Steam? When I joined last year on Steam it let me through with my real age.....
[Image: image?id=2155]
Everyone lies about their age. It's the internet.
It's formed by lies.
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
If a website requires you to be 13, it's because of the COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). It governs popular websites that collect personal information from children (defined as everyone under 13 in the law.) Since complying with the law can be difficult (you have to get the kid's parent's permission for them to use the site, and you have to prove that it really is the parent) a lot of sites just choose to ban everyone under 13.

These websites probably don't stalk everyone online to find out how old they are, but if they find out you're not old enough they will usually ban you. I know it's happened to a few underage YouTube users that had their videos get extremely popular.
(07-11-2011, 08:05 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I know it's happened to a few underage YouTube users that had their videos get extremely popular.

>.> Are the videos deleted and what where they called?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lukeywes1234
@Jacob
Ouch that must have sucked....
[Image: image?id=2155]
Yeah thanks to democrats and I hate most democrats and most republicans. Indepdent moderaters FTW.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
Test, you have NO idea what your talking about.

PLEASE stop posting things like this on the forums... *facepalm*
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]