I remember having this fake AntiVirus....(True Story)
It was called "Windows Vista 2012 AntiVirus". It was installed on my computer so I did not know what the heck was the Virus. I scanned and it said, you need to remove these infections. When I found out the next day(July 4) I knew those "Infections" were actually important and good files. It said "'Do not remove them" in the guide. The Next day, I downloaded these files to shut down the virus. It did and I told my dad and used his USB to transfer one of my files to my computer from the main Computer.

I then Downloaded MalwareBytes to remove the fake antivirus. I then scanned the computer then it was cleansed after I scanned it. It Cleansed itself after I clicked to remove them. I removed it and it worked. My dad said before, "Do it at your own risk, even if your computer breaks down". I did, but my computer did not break down.

After I removed the fake AntiVirus, I was never going to download anything without looking at the site closely.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
When did you download it?
I remember some idiot at school installed something like that, but it was a lot worse. You couldn't open half of the programs and it had limited Internet acces. I had to stay atleast 2 hours after school, cleaning the computer out.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
My mom got one of those just by looking at a website. She promises that she didn't click anything, so I think it used an IE exploit.

It wouldn't let me run antivirus software, or delete its .exe file (which opened on startup.) So I renamed the file instead and rebooted... the fake antivirus program was gone.

However, Google was still redirected to some spam site, and MalwareBytes wouldn't fix it so we had to reformat. I made sure she switched to Firefox after that.
This is how you fix it:
  • First do the location check, open you antivirus software [it won't get rid of it] if it is good enough it should say it blocked something from [insert location here]
  • The location is usually in your AppData folder and in roaming.
  • Restart your computer and F8 spam
  • On the black page go to open safe mode with networking [something like that]
  • Virus shouldn't start go to the location and manually delete it and empty your recycling bin
  • Run your antivirus software
  • Boom done

I got this virus TWICE :|
Also I think you usually get it from ads, jpegs, and gifs.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
Mine was 10x worse than yours. I believe you got lucky. For the oddest of reasons, I couldn't do System Restore. When I did get the ability, I did it. The weird thing is: The virus didn't go away. So I went and used Malware Bytes and it still didn't work. It wouldn't let me open anything but Malware Bytes, which found malware on Full Scan every time I scanned it, like as if it was copying itself. So it ended up blue screening and now it's repaired thanks to college students.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(07-15-2011, 03:04 PM)Login Wrote: Mine was 10x worse than yours. I believe you got lucky. For the oddest of reasons, I couldn't do System Restore. When I did get the ability, I did it. The weird thing is: The virus didn't go away. So I went and used Malware Bytes and it still didn't work. It wouldn't let me open anything but Malware Bytes, which found malware on Full Scan every time I scanned it, like as if it was copying itself. So it ended up blue screening and now it's repaired thanks to college students.

You run your antivirus software in safe mode.
System restore is always blocked by it, it's fairly easy to remove it when it is inactive *cough*in safe mode*cough*.

When in doubt spam F8
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
The computer I'm using right now had a virus that was a fake antivirus, so I installed Ubuntu
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
nubz u guyz need 2 swich 2 linux su u wont git viruzes
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Ubuntu is worthless except for Hosting severs sometimes. Switch to Google Chrome people say to me.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.