Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bring Back Negative Reps
It's a real pain in the ass that we're only allowed to compliment each other like gay people, plus negative reps tell us what and why people would have an issue with you for particular posts and how you can improve on that.
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
I agree with this. There's something when you meet a complete asshole, when you're a new user, and you have the same rep.
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] ɥɔǝǝʌpuɐs ǝʞıן ı ıoq ɥɐǝʎ [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
agreed i know tons of assholes who i would give their reputation a negative rating
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
From what I can hear, Buildism had that LatinAssassin guy with a negative rep?
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] ɥɔǝǝʌpuɐs ǝʞıן ı ıoq ɥɐǝʎ [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
I don't have a reputation yet.

But I think negative reps should be brought back
Remember when Walrus gave just about everyone a negative reputation every day? And we all returned the favor? So that we all had neutral/slightly negative reps, except for me and Myem having about 2 and Walrus having negative 30?

Do we want that again?
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
(03-13-2013, 12:36 AM)Ghosty Wrote: Remember when Walrus gave just about everyone a negative reputation every day? And we all returned the favor? So that we all had neutral/slightly negative reps, except for me and Myem having about 2 and Walrus having negative 30?

Do we want that again?

Well, isn't there something that Jacob_ could do to remove abused ratings, or at least remove a user's ability to negatively rep rather than the entire community?
No, there isn't a way to do that without diving into the depths of PHP and reworking reputation in myBB.

You can remove ratings, you can ban people abusing ratings, but you cannot prevent a single particular user from giving negative ratings, to the best of my knowledge. It wasn't an option the last time I checked an AdminCP.

EDIT: You can disable using reputations at all for groups of users, but not only negative ratings, positive too, and you'd have to make a whole new category of users to be able to do this.

Really, what's the point of negative ratings for us? The community is so small that if someone is being stupid or rude or anything worth being negative-repped, any newbie stopping by will know that within an hour. If you want to know why someone disagrees with something you said or did, ask them politely. If they have a reasonable point (in their opinion, at least) they'll probably tell you in a post or chat anyway without you needing to ask.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
(03-13-2013, 12:47 AM)Ghosty Wrote: You can remove ratings, you can ban people abusing ratings,

That's all you need.

It's not as hard as you think it is to be vigilante for 15 minutes a day and click a button, and even at that the community does most of your work by finding it for you.
(03-13-2013, 12:47 AM)Ghosty Wrote: No, there isn't a way to do that without diving into the depths of PHP and reworking reputation in myBB.

You can remove ratings, you can ban people abusing ratings, but you cannot prevent a single particular user from giving negative ratings, to the best of my knowledge. It wasn't an option the last time I checked an AdminCP.

EDIT: You can disable using reputations at all for groups of users, but not only negative ratings, positive too, and you'd have to make a whole new category of users to be able to do this.

Really, what's the point of negative ratings for us? The community is so small that if someone is being stupid or rude or anything worth being negative-repped, any newbie stopping by will know that within an hour. If you want to know why someone disagrees with something you said or did, ask them politely. If they have a reasonable point (in their opinion, at least) they'll probably tell you in a post or chat anyway without you needing to ask.

I don't recall doing that.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.