List of My Idea's.
1. Full Profile Customization - let people add wigits, and move them around and sort them in any order they choose.

2. on the games page add a link that shows all the servers that are currently up.

3. Be able to animate textures. - Add any amount of texture links you choose and they automatically switch around and you can choose the speed of how fast the images change.

4. Be able to shape water (not sure about this one.)

5. Draw Custom Shapes - have a draw tool were you can shape your own shapes. Smaller to terrain but with shapes.

6. Triangle - I'm Positive this will be added because people really want it.

These are my Idea's.
(07-26-2011, 04:39 AM)Excel Wrote: 1. Full Profile Customization - let people add wigits, and move them around and sort them in any order they choose.
That's too Google-like. I think this idea seems more suitable.

(07-26-2011, 04:39 AM)Excel Wrote: 2. on the games page add a link that shows all the servers that are currently up.
Why not like imgur's setup gallery like this: http://zontafer.imgur.com/minecraft_screenies#EQMJj where the top box with pictures would be Servers Online.

(07-26-2011, 04:39 AM)Excel Wrote: 3. Be able to animate textures. - Add any amount of texture links you choose and they automatically switch around and you can choose the speed of how fast the images change.
How would this work? Scripting can already do this.

(07-26-2011, 04:39 AM)Excel Wrote: 4. Be able to shape water (not sure about this one.)
Use an example of how it would be used and why it should be implemented.

(07-26-2011, 04:39 AM)Excel Wrote: 5. Draw Custom Shapes - have a draw tool were you can shape your own shapes. Smaller to terrain but with shapes.
Support. I like this idea. I see lots of cool creations with this.

(07-26-2011, 04:39 AM)Excel Wrote: 6. Triangle - I'm Positive this will be added because people really want it.
Jacob_ doesn't see a use in triangles. If you can show some examples of what a triangle would be useful for, then he'll likely implement it.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
I want to add custom shapes, but the physics engine doesn't support concave shapes, which includes most of the ones you would want to draw.

I don't see the need to list servers on the game list right now, because 99% of the time nobody is hosting one, and they also appear in the recently changed games list on the forums. Once we have a few servers up all the time I might do it.
(07-26-2011, 02:31 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I want to add custom shapes, but the physics engine doesn't support concave shapes, which includes most of the ones you would want to draw.

How about instead of plain free-shapes, the shapes have to be a polygon - or they have to be connected. For example:
-_
/--\
|---|
\_/

It basically has to be enclosed. Will that work?
Or just separate all custom shapes into triangles.
(07-26-2011, 02:31 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I want to add custom shapes, but the physics engine doesn't support concave shapes, which includes most of the ones you would want to draw.

I don't see the need to list servers on the game list right now, because 99% of the time nobody is hosting one, and they also appear in the recently changed games list on the forums. Once we have a few servers up all the time I might do it.

I'm confused at the part for the IP Address. Does it matter?
(07-26-2011, 02:37 PM)Login Wrote:

How about instead of plain free-shapes, the shapes have to be a polygon - or they have to be connected. For example:
-_
/--\
|---|
\_/

It not only has to be a polygon, it has to be convex too: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...e_polygons
(07-26-2011, 02:39 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(07-26-2011, 02:37 PM)Login Wrote:

-_
/--\
|---|
\_/

It not only has to be a polygon, it has to be convex too: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...e_polygons
Oh, darn.

(I KNOW THIS IS A BUMP BUT...)

Happy Wheels uses the same engine and they got a tool where you can make shapes. (polygon tool)