Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rules (Glome's Version)
Minor Offenses
These usually result in a warning but if repeated your account will be banned.
  • Spamming
    Spamming is when you create a useless thread or reply that has nothing to do with the topic it was posted it on. Breaking this rule once will result in a warning but if repeated you will be banned.
    Example that breaks the rule:
    Topic of thread: Has anyone played my new game?
    Spam reply: Does my new skin look good?

• Bumping Threads
    Don't bump a thread unless you have something useful to say. If a moderator catches you posting a useless reply just to get a thread to the top of the list you will receive a warning. You are allowed to bump an old thread only if you have something useful to say.
    Example that breaks the rule:
    "Bump" or something else that has nothing to do with the original discussion.

• Posting In The Wrong Section
    What this means is that you need to post your thread in the appropriate forum topic. So for example lets say you want to talk about the new video game that's coming out soon, you would post it in the Video Games forum. If you post in the wrong section you will be given a warning and your thread will be moved.

• Posting Threads That Won't Lead To A Discussion
    This rule is a really simple one. If you post something that you can't really discuss it will be locked and you will be given a warning.
    Example that breaks the rule: "I like apples."
    Example that follows the rules: "I like apples. What is your favorite kind of apples or recipes that use apples?"

Moderate Offenses
These usually result in a ban, but if repeated the ban will get longer eventually leading to account termination.
  • Excessive Swearing
    The "D, H, and A words" are allowed unless used excessively. You may self censor, example: "#$%^%". Inappropriate words will usually censor themselves but if you abuse that you will be banned.

• Do not post any sexual content.
    This rule explains itself. You will be banned for posting it.

• Asking for Personal Information
    Asking for personal information breaks buildism rules. However you may ask a user how old they are since that doesn't give out any information on who they are in real life.
    What counts as personal information:
    1. Last Name
    2. A picture of the user in real life
    3. Address
    4. Phone Number
    5. Email Address
      If you are over the age of 13 you may give out your personal information but we recommend that you know the person before you do.

I'm still typing the rest up I just want to see if you guys like the recreation of the rules. I'm trying to explain them a little better, the current ones are a little vague.

[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Very nice. Although, a picture, unless sexual, is fine, as it cannot reveal who you are, in terms of names or where you live or anything relevant to those lines.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(08-04-2011, 12:46 AM)Login Wrote: Very nice. Although, a picture, unless sexual, is fine, as it cannot reveal who you are, in terms of names or where you live or anything relevant to those lines.

Yes but it displays your face. And if they want to post a picture of themselves they could but asking them to is against the rules. Well the rules I posted here. Also Moderators, feel free to add anything to them right now as long as you post what you changed.
My goal is to help create a set of rules everyone can agree on. The US constitution wasn't made by 1 person you know. Tongue
I like the set-up, although. Very nicely done, Glome.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]

Saying only the first name breaks a rule?
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(08-04-2011, 06:14 PM)Who Wrote: Saying only the first name breaks a rule?

I was thinking that.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(08-04-2011, 06:18 PM)CheeseSticks Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 06:14 PM)Who Wrote: Saying only the first name breaks a rule?

I was thinking that.

yeah i mean, they cant precisely locate me by my first name, they are lots of people that i share name with only in my country, andm my name is common in more than 10 countries
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
Good job, Glome. I will say that I do not like the idea of being forced to never give out your name. I have every right, as a young adult, to give out my information as I desire. Of course, there should be a warning in a private policy for our users under 13 who give out their information. Allowing users under 13 to give out all of their information on a non-COPPA compliant website is not only wrong, but also unlawful.

As a college student in the computer programming / game development fields, I am literally put into a position where I am actually pressured into giving out some of my information. Of course, I censor myself when I need to.

Good job, however.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-04-2011, 06:26 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: Good job, Glome. I will say that I do not like the idea of being forced to never give out your name. I have every right, as a young adult, to give out my information as I desire. Of course, there should be a warning in a private policy for our users under 13 who give out their information. Allowing users under 13 to give out all of their information on a non-COPPA compliant website is not only wrong, but also unlawful.

As a college student in the computer programming / game development fields, I am literally put into a position where I am actually pressured into giving out some of my information. Of course, I censor myself when I need to.

Good job, however.

Yeah I can see from your point how that rule would be annoying. I'll change it to when if you're under 13.
You've done a good job.

To be honest I think you'd make a pretty good mod