Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping Someone on Something: A Note to Jacob_ and The Community
The only thing that, honestly, keeps me playing Modern Warfare 2 is the fact that you have so many challenges, things to unlock and upgrade, and etc. along the upgrade and challenge line. My goal is to do all the challenges legit and to upgrade every gun. That will keep me on for another year or two.

If you as a person went straight into doing something for no intentional reason, with only to get visits, it's not much of a reason to do something. I know you, Jacob_, want to make it where people build just to build, but that won't happen at a decent amount of people without something pushing people to build. My friends are what push me to build on Minecraft, because I often don't want to unless they look at it and I feel proud.

In order to make someone want to build, you should make custom builder ranks chosen by you, Jacob_. Featured Builders, Great Builders, and Legendary Builders. You choose them, and this will make people want to build in order to obtain the rank.

Would the community here agree?
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Or just have "Levels".

You get 1 level per 25 LEGITIMATE visits (again, have to find a way to avoid self-visits and bots) and with higher levels, you get access to more features and items. It could work with a currency, or without.
(08-06-2011, 02:05 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Or just have "Levels".

You get 1 level per 25 LEGITIMATE visits (again, have to find a way to avoid self-visits and bots) and with higher levels, you get access to more features and items. It could work with a currency, or without.

Sometimes I think an automated thing isn't just enough - it doesn't make you feel as proud when someone like a creator of the game likes your game.
Like on ROBLOX -- the "Featured games" -- or on Sploder, "Chosen games". I agree we need something like that, but I think that having a sort of "ranking" system for builders would be nice as well.
(08-06-2011, 02:09 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Like on ROBLOX -- the "Featured games" -- or on Sploder, "Chosen games". I agree we need something like that, but I think that having a sort of "ranking" system for builders would be nice as well.

When a user feels proud of their work, they feel like they should continue and they have something to work for. That's how people continue doing things - knowing someone is going to be satisfied or some type of reward. There never is no reason for doing something. Sometimes it's even just for fun.
That's actually one reason I want a "Currency" but the currency would only be used for buying more game slots. Oh and another cool thing would be the ability to have a "Model Shop" where you can buy different models users make and upload(With the ability to test them out but not see the codes or anything).

The currency would only be from game visits.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Instead of place visits, perhaps a Like button? Perhaps award ranks depending on the ratio of the people that played the game to the people that liked it.
[Image: rogershanksluffy_display.gif]
modern warfare 2 ftw
anyway agreed
I think that instead of a broad "Like and Dislike" system, we should have an actual ranking system, like the "5 Star" system.

Either that, or we could have a special group of a few people that go to each place and rates it in whatever category it feels it excels in. For example, Portal Gun Testing would be put in a category for best scripting. What rank? I'm not sure.
(08-07-2011, 07:56 PM)Player1up Wrote: I think that instead of a broad "Like and Dislike" system, we should have an actual ranking system, like the "5 Star" system.

Either that, or we could have a special group of a few people that go to each place and rates it in whatever category it feels it excels in. For example, Portal Gun Testing would be put in a category for best scripting. What rank? I'm not sure.
The problem with stars [noted by Youtube] is that people either rate it 5 stars, or 1 star. Given this collected data, they just went with a like/dislike. Either way it ratios about the same if people are legitimately voting.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]