Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My return: an important address to the Buildism community.
Thank you for your response, Duck. The thing is, it was the Order group that started this chain-reaction of bad events. Please read the list of problems that they caused again. If you read the entire thread carefully like I think you did, you would probably be able to see that all of these issues originated from the Order group. Alot of members on Buildism, including all of the staff that I have talked to for that matter, agree with me. If this thread had lies in it, it wouldn't have been approved by the Jacob (he gave me a thanks), the community manager, and other moderators.

I speak the truth.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
Jacob_ was offline when the drama happened, how would he know what exactly happened?
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(08-11-2011, 03:08 PM)Duck Wrote: This had nothing to do with the Order. The order was just some joke dictatorship. People have been whining about bad mods and such since the mod applications.

If it was a joke, then how did such a flame war occur?
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(08-11-2011, 03:15 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: Thank you for your response, Duck. The thing is, it was the Order group that started this chain-reaction of bad events. Please read the list of problems that they caused again. If you read the entire thread carefully like I think you did, you would probably be able to see that all of these issues originated from the Order group. Alot of members on Buildism, including all of the staff that I have talked to for that matter, agree with me. If this thread had lies in it, it wouldn't have been approved by the Jacob (he gave me a thanks), the community manager, and other moderators.

I speak the truth.

I agree that these problems originated from the order, but I don't think you are right in believing that with another exclusive group it will automatically cause all these problems. Of course people are going to be annoyed if they aren't allowed into a certain group, but that can't be helped. Groups often have criteria for people to join that you have to meet, and if you can't then the group isn't the right one for you.

As for the other problems, such as mod/user harassment, I would like to point out that Lol and his friends (which he would have let into his group obviously) do have a history of being augmentative. I don't think this group encouraged the mentality, I think that they would have been saying the same things even if the Order wasn't around.

Although I do agree that the order did cause problems, since Lol seemed to use "The order and house guests" instead of "I" when stating his own opinions. This did give the impression that multiple people were against one person when they weren't. I do think that this should not be allowed, as it makes the group as a whole look like a bad thing when it isn't.
(08-11-2011, 03:18 PM)Login Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 03:08 PM)Duck Wrote: This had nothing to do with the Order. The order was just some joke dictatorship. People have been whining about bad mods and such since the mod applications.

If it was a joke, then how did such a flame war occur?

By members of the community taking the joke at face value.
Also, so you know, no real flame war occurred from people being exiled in the Order. Broloxer and LOL were on bad terms far before that, and the other people were already against the order.

Like I said, the order is just a way to to express the rants within the chat on the site...

I already posted that stuff like this started far before why of LOL's order.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(08-11-2011, 03:16 PM)CheeseSticks Wrote: Jacob_ was offline when the drama happened, how would he know what exactly happened?

He wasn't offline the entire time. He saw some of what was going on. In addition, the staff were somehow able to keep him updated. Don't ask me how because I really don't know. When he came back, he had a pretty clear understanding of what went on.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-11-2011, 03:31 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: In addition, the staff were somehow able to keep him updated. Don't ask me how because I really don't know. When he came back, he had a pretty clear understanding of what went on.

I think it's called reading old threads...

What I have to say is that yes, LOL probably started it as a joke... but when broloxer got involved, things got bad. Broloxer and LOL have had a bad history -- both of them are very argumenative, and when Kieron was still a member of the site... We had some dust-ups between them often, but nothing like this.

Ming-Yan's resignation and Ashely's promotion just fueled the flames, and there's really no good excuse why we weren't able to stop it earlier.
(08-11-2011, 03:18 PM)Login Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 03:08 PM)Duck Wrote: If it was a joke, then how did such a flame war occur?

By members of the community taking the joke at face value.

If this was such a joke, although why was it taken so far? I understand a good joke, but I never truly could see a potential laugh in this.
(08-11-2011, 03:36 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 03:31 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: In addition, the staff were somehow able to keep him updated. Don't ask me how because I really don't know. When he came back, he had a pretty clear understanding of what went on.

What I have to say is that yes, LOL probably started it as a joke... but when broloxer got involved, things got bad. Broloxer and LOL have had a bad history -- both of them are very argumenative, and when Kieron was still a member of the site... We had some dust-ups between them often, but nothing like this.

Ming-Yan's resignation and Ashely's promotion just fueled the flames, and there's really no good excuse why we weren't able to stop it earlier.

I agree with all of that, however, in your last paragraph, when you say that "Ming-Yan's resignation and Ashely's promotion just fueled the flames", I must say that there is one flaw in that. You didn't mention how the House & Order had blown both of these "problems" completely out of proportion. These were not problems to begin with, and quite frankly, if the House & Order group didn't do what they did with these events, then a lot of what we have seen over the past few days wouldn't have been nearly as severe. Thank you for your input, however.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(08-11-2011, 03:36 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:

I agree. That's why I did not take any action, I don't think I should either as well right now, because things are just fine, but if flame wars continue to come, then I will take action. Only if those flame wars are from the Order, of course.

And at your last paragraph, the reason we didn't "stop" it was because we were trying to explain to them the situation. I would've locked them, but many of the threads had discussions with moderators and a user, which I figured the moderator would do something.