Roblox much?`
Why do the avatars look like robloxians? Couldn't you be more original? BTW I'm an already registered user just expressing my opinion via alt account.
This isn't like you. What drove you to post this?
We costumisate our own Avatars, some of us like Roblox, but that doesnt mean anything.
It isn't. See the diffrentces. And who's ALT is this?
You think our avatars look like ROBLOXians?

And you play MineCraft...
To think it looks like ROBLOXians. This is a normal shape for people with avatars if you want it like this. I'd much rather compare this to Minecraft.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Jacob_ used these avatars in a 2D minecraft clone he made before this was made. Thus causing the avatars to look more like MC avatars than R avatars.
So ROBLOX Own's Rectangle Body Parts? We are copying ROBLOX Because our avatars Body Parts are Rectangle's? I Think Originally that Jacob_ Made this game Kind of Based off of Minecraft rather then ROBLOX Because I remember Discovering Buildism on Jacob_'s Youtube Channel And Before Jacob_ Was working on Buildism he was working on a Game that was like a 2d Minecraft Clone.

The point is that There is a bunch of games out there that look the same. Just because our avatars look similar doesn't mean its a complete copy.
There is a simple reason why I decided to use blocky avatars: I want people to have complete freedom to look however they want. If you look through the skins catalog, you'll find semitransparent colored ghost skins and floating report buttons.

However, many people are stuck with Microsoft Paint, which doesn't support transparency. So if the skin template had transparency (which is necessary to make non-rectangular body parts that look good in the website and game) then the transparent parts would appear black when they saved it.

I could work around this by using black instead of transparent for the background of the template, and then use a mask to "cut out" those parts once the skin is uploaded. However, that would also limit possibilites, and I don't want to restrict our players' creativity just so uninformed people won't think I used this skin design because of its popularity in other games.
You just got told by Jacob_ .