Please Jacob_.... don't close down the site forever.
There have been ups and downs, and there have been times when I've had to just walk away for a while, but Buildism's been nearly my whole life the past 6 months.

When I joined in February, I took a look around, shrugged, clicked the editor, messed around a bit, and decided it couldn't hurt to stay a bit. I checked out the Wiki and found that it was under a spam attack by bots. Helping to clean it up, me and InternetGuy were made wiki mods 2 days after I joined.

In March, I invited a friend of mine to the game. For weeks, it was my only contact with her... even while my Internet was out and I had to scrounge off of the neighbor's Wifi...until I moved, and she never came on anymore. I'm still disappointed about not even getting to say bye, but I moved on from that and got back in the game.

In April, after I became a moderator and the raid happened, I stayed active, got my Internet back full force, and worked on some games, like Buildismaran.

In May, I found some music software and got into that a bit, but I was still full force moderating here.

In June and July, there was the Kieron issues. I think I am one of the few mods from that period who was able to keep on semi-good terms with him.

August... I started making Asteroid Dodgers, and there was the CoderRyne argument. Yes, that went out of hand, because I didn't follow my better judgement and try to dissuade everyone from resigning. The suggestions to Ashely I fully approve, but I think Coder went a little bit too quick in making a final decision there and we all blindy followed without considering. I'm still 100% loyal to Buildism though.

Jacob_, Buildism has been my life for the past 5 months. Since I moved in April, I have had almost no contact with anyone my age in real life, and more than half the time I've spent online has been on Buildism. The game has very much potential, and I haven't been able to finish any of my games due to personal issues and personality issues. I have to do everything, do it myself, and do it the best -- it's just who I am, I can't help myself.

But please Jacob_. Don't just let all these memories die. I've lost too many friends in the past... don't let me lose all the Buildists too.
I joined in December 2010. I brought some users here from Roblox. This caused a chain reaction. I brought some more users here and than suddenly, Some mods like Ashley decided to join because people were talking about it.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
I know how you feel... I remember when the game making forum that I had been a part of for 2 years decided to close. I had closer friends on there than in real life.

I'll keep the site up as long as I can, but I probably won't release any more updates unless someone finds a game-breaking bug.
That's fine -- I believe that the game has about all it needs at the moment to make awsome games. Which is precisely why I don't want it to be closed down. We have the tools... we just need to use them more.
(08-25-2011, 03:14 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I know how you feel... I remember when the game making forum that I had been a part of for 2 years decided to close. I had closer friends on there than in real life.

I'll keep the site up as long as I can, but I probably won't release any more updates unless someone finds a game-breaking bug.

PLEASE DONT! I REALLY WANT TO BECOME A MOD AND HELP YOU!
Nooo! You can't close the site!!!
I was actually looking forward to keep playing Buildism.
At least you're only looking forward, not looking back on 6 months of your life that were spent here.

I have 3 and a half weeks of online time spent here.

To put it in comparison, it took me less than 50 hours of online time to complete Super Mario Galaxy 2, green stars included.
I'll avertise it EVERYWHERE! Don't shut it! Sad Maybe you could let Qwerty and Ashely code the site. They code well! (Ashely said she does, Tongue). I played The Gamer Land. They have 5 scripters! It is so much more high-Tech than this! You need more coders! That B teh Problem. :/
No, don't close the site!
Jacob_, you could find some people who would volunteer to work on updates. I myself would gladly work on the website for you.. all for free. Smile