I'm making a game >:U
Stop rushing me Jacob_ D:<

The reason people aren't motivated to make games is because the Future Games section is dead

And no triangles

And lots of the more fun games are overshadowed by 10 second obbies.

If you start posting more in the Future Games (Everyone, but especially mods + Jacob_, because people like getting praise from mods / Jacob_)
Rewarding good games (Maybe feature them)

And when you have a spare moment maybe you could try to code in triangles
This is going to make me sound like a jerk, but I really don't think it's my job to hold everyone's hand and convince them to make games on a game-making website. I will try to post in the Future Games section more but I still don't think triangles are nearly as important as everyone is making them out to be, and if 10 second obbies are really overshadowing good games (haven't seen any evidence of this) then maybe they aren't really good games... the 5 most recent games aren't very well made, I'd rather do an obstacle course than jump around in a pile of balls.

If you made something good and want to get attention or feedback, post it on the forums; since there are fewer posts in the off topic sections you might get more popularity than before.

I'm probably not going to make any more significant changes to Buildism - I just don't have the motivation to improve it anymore, and my current project is fun to work on and has a lot more potential. I'll keep the site up as long as I make enough money from the ads to pay the bills, but the community's behavior is just as important to the website's success as I am. I'm actually happy with hosting a forum community, but the current ratio of memes and useless posts to good content is not good. The reason I want everyone to either make games or start posting constructively is that the quality of the community plays a big role in determining whether new members will become active or not.
What memes?
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(09-13-2011, 03:35 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: This is going to make me sound like a jerk, but I really don't think it's my job to hold everyone's hand and convince them to make games on a game-making website. I will try to post in the Future Games section more but I still don't think triangles are nearly as important as everyone is making them out to be, and if 10 second obbies are really overshadowing good games (haven't seen any evidence of this) then maybe they aren't really good games... the 5 most recent games aren't very well made, I'd rather do an obstacle course than jump around in a pile of balls.

If you made something good and want to get attention or feedback, post it on the forums; since there are fewer posts in the off topic sections you might get more popularity than before.

I'm probably not going to make any more significant changes to Buildism - I just don't have the motivation to improve it anymore, and my current project is fun to work on and has a lot more potential. I'll keep the site up as long as I make enough money from the ads to pay the bills, but the community's behavior is just as important to the website's success as I am. I'm actually happy with hosting a forum community, but the current ratio of memes and useless posts to good content is not good. The reason I want everyone to either make games or start posting constructively is that the quality of the community plays a big role in determining whether new members will become active or not.

I think I was wrong on one point actually, it seems like a few of the games I considered "good" were broken after sleep() was changed, so it makes sense that people aren't playing them. As for the memes and such, I have to agree with you, it's hard to post constructively on loads of threads because the thread itself is really not raising any good points, the majority of threads are "RARGH I HATE THIS PERSON" or "lol kool kids klub"
(09-13-2011, 04:43 PM)Duck Wrote: lol kool kids klub

kool kids klub is epikal and teres nuwai itd start any drarma liek the odrer allejidlly did
True beauty.
Aww, I hate it when people blame all the crap on The Order and the Kool Kids Klub (admit it,dere kooler den u). We're just having fun, no real harm is done. The people who are blaming it on us and making all those complaints are the ones making these flame wars actually happen.
There's nothing wrong about memes or satirical groups. Some of you guys act like it's a crime. People are still able to make constructive posts or threads, people are still able to make and play games, people are still able to respect each other, people are still able to do anything.

Now seriously, what do you have against us?
(09-13-2011, 04:58 PM)Hippo_Yay Wrote:
(09-13-2011, 04:43 PM)Duck Wrote: lol kool kids klub

kool kids klub is epikal and teres nuwai itd start any drarma liek the odrer allejidlly did

Hahahaha I got 20% warning for that post Big Grin
For "Intentionally using bad grammar and misspelling." What's wrong with that? :S
True beauty.
(09-13-2011, 09:19 PM)JustAnotherJoe Wrote: Aww, I hate it when people blame all the crap on The Order and the Kool Kids Klub (admit it,dere kooler den u). We're just having fun, no real harm is done. The people who are blaming it on us and making all those complaints are the ones making these flame wars actually happen.

At least keep it to one thread, nobody wants 1/8 threads to be about "lol were kool nd u ent got nuffink on us nd dis fred hsnt gt dscssn vlue"
(09-13-2011, 11:10 PM)LOL Wrote: There's nothing wrong about memes or satirical groups. Some of you guys act like it's a crime. People are still able to make constructive posts or threads, people are still able to make and play games, people are still able to respect each other, people are still able to do anything.

Now seriously, what do you have against us?

After The Order, no one likes you.