Is there any other kind of website you guys would be interested in?
This might be kind of an odd question, but we have a problem: The ads only made 2 dollars in the last week... obviously that is not enough to keep Buildism running.

This server has plenty of unused capacity, so is there anything else that you'd be interested in? Some kind of community, or a browser game, or a Java one? I'm not going to close Buildism and replace it with another website, but I do need a way to fund it to keep it up.
The latest browser game you're working on Big Grin

Or, just a game of some sort.
Hm, it's hard to think of anything that would really fit in here with the rest of the stuff... I agree, it's slow here, but everything I can think of would either be an extreme amount of work to add or wouldn't really seem to fit in.

If you're still working on that other browser game you mentioned a few months ago, yeah, add that -- anything like that would probably fit in well with the site and I at least would probably enjoy it, given it's not too weapon-based or anything.
What about that one game that inspired you to make Buildism that you stopped development on?
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(10-23-2011, 09:16 PM)Interwebs Wrote: What about that one game that inspired you to make Buildism that you stopped development on?

CubicRealms?

Then we'll get flamed for copying MineCraft. Tongue
Quite simply, I have a project running that you might be very interested in. I would, of course, have a major role for someone as skilled as you, and currently, there are only two programmers (including myself). No, this is not the game engine, but it has to do with a 3D Java-based "Sandbox" MMO that resets itself whenever civilization destroys itself. This could take a long time (in REAL time months) before a new game starts, and it would all be ran within one major world that is held up by my powerful servers. It will use lwjgl, but I can't get any more specific on this forum thread.

I hope you would be interested in hearing more; if you are, please PM me! My ideas are extremely original, yet, the graphics are somewhat similar to MC graphics. Not to mention, you might be interested to hear that almost every bit of content is user-created. You can infer what I mean by that, hopefully. Wink
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
A site like TheGamerLand.com, Kids love sites like that based on foruming, money etc. If you can do so, I can make sure we get a lot more activity.
Hello
If we're going to do ANYTHING at all that is similar to tGL, just a currency and a simple store -- that's all I think we could get that they have.
(10-29-2011, 05:51 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: If we're going to do ANYTHING at all that is similar to tGL, just a currency and a simple store -- that's all I think we could get that they have.

I'd hope that Jacob_ would be smart enough *not* to do something similar to TGL at all. Jacob_, when you get the chance, please PM so that we can discuss this.

As for the rest of you, I know he asked for suggestions, but I do believe that he is capable of doing something much greater than just another ROBLOX ripoff (like TGL). After all, that's what it really is, if you ever hear the TRUE intentions of that Tom kid.
-CoderRyne
Ryne Thiel
(10-29-2011, 07:39 PM)CoderRyne Wrote: As for the rest of you, I know he asked for suggestions, but I do believe that he is capable of doing something much greater than just another ROBLOX ripoff (like TGL). After all, that's what it really is, if you ever hear the TRUE intentions of that Tom kid.

What CubeBomb turned into meets the ROBLOX community with lousy management. That's what tGL is.