Please Shut Down the website on January 18th
Has any of you heard of SOPA? It is trying to take away our freedoms. Many websites, including Google, Wikipedia, Facebook, Minecraft Blog, and blogs hosted on Wordpress will go down for 24 hours on January 18, 2012. We should join this protest, so when this website is shut down for 24 hours, anyone who goes on the Buildism website during that shutdown will get a message which will say:

"Hello Visitor,
Today, Buildism has closed down in protest of the SOPA, joining the other websites such as Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, and many more countless websites. United States is trying to pass a law named SOPA, if you don't know what it is, search it on google. But if google is shut down, here is how SOPA works.
SOPA is a bill trying to stop piracy. You could even go to jail or get fined if you even post a video of your child singing their favorite song. That is like Big Brother from 1984 the book, but worse. SOPA is trying to shatter the foundations of the internet and could get entire websites, such as YouTube and Rooster Teeth shut down.
In conclusion, we will be back up as soon as SOPA is passed or not. We are trying to preserve our freedom on the internet. No one controls or owns the internet in it's entity completely.
Sincerely,
Buildism."

We need to shut down the website for the protest. If SOPA is passed, many websites would be closed down, even YouTube, Roblox, Metacafe, etc.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
(01-17-2012, 03:09 PM)BuildistGuard Wrote: We need to shut down the website for the protest. If SOPA is passed, many websites would be closed down, even YouTube, Roblox, Metacafe, etc.

Okay.
I know Minecraft is shutting down for the day, and so is reddit. Looking at this report I found on Google, it doesn't look like SOPA's going to pass.
SOPA has been shelved indefinitely, but the Protect IP Act (PIPA) is still being considered.

I don't think Buildism closing would affect anything, because the other sites are blacking out for two reasons: to get people to call their representatives, and to get more media attention to the two potential laws. This site is too small to have any effect.
Yeah Jacob basically covered it.
(01-18-2012, 06:16 AM)TylerMcBride Wrote: Yeah Jacob basically covered it.

I doubt SOPA will be passed, but hey ya never know.
Update: PIPA lost support after the blackout, but ACTA and HR 1981 (the full name is a lie, designed to stop people from opposing it) are still a threat.