I got the results back from one of those stupid tests the states give
I forgot what it was called but it was a bunch of letters.

I got 9 out of 50 right....
I'm such a pro.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
I'm mo pro than you.

I got 39/50 on iStep.
Oh yeah
owned
I'm homeschooled, so I have something called the California Achievement Test (number here, based on age). I usually get something around "top 2%" because it's all really simple stuff I learned four years ago.

"Which word fits both sentences?

The baby was crying so it needed a _____.

Laura ate some of the fruit but couldn't finish the _____.

(A) Nap

(B) Orange

© Rest

(D) Sandwich"
(02-01-2012, 02:49 AM)Glome Wrote: I forgot what it was called but it was a bunch of letters.

I got 9 out of 50 right....
I'm such a pro.

I'm guessing that teachers don't like you.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(02-01-2012, 02:10 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I'm homeschooled, so I have something called the California Achievement Test (number here, based on age). I usually get something around "top 2%" because it's all really simple stuff I learned four years ago.

"Which word fits both sentences?

The baby was crying so it needed a _____.

Laura ate some of the fruit but couldn't finish the _____.

(A) Nap

(B) Orange

© Rest

(D) Sandwich"
The baby was crying so it needed a sandwich still works :U
and are they seriously that easy
That's actually one of the questions from the quiz that I remember -- I'm sure I didn't put down all the same ABCD choices but the sentences and the correct answer are straight from the test.

Most of them are slightly more difficult than that, but it's still simple. The math section is probably the most time-consuming, but there's nothing harder than 4-digit multiplication and when you have just 4 choices, it's easy to approximate the right one.
Georgia has the second worst education system in the country, so the standardized tests here are a complete joke. The 8th graders have to take a test to be promoted to the next grade, and the 11th graders have to take another test to graduate (and they have a whole year to retake it as often as they want if they don't pass.) I remember seeing a lot of the same questions on both of the tests, and this was one of them:

Code:
What is the height of this triangle?
|\
| \
|  \
8|   \ 10
|     \
|____\
a. 2
b. 10
c. 8
d. 20

Here's a practice test if anyone wants to try it... I'm sure just about everyone on Buildism could already graduate from high school in Georgia, since a 50% is passing.
I checked the advanced grammar section.

That looked like it should be the "basic grammar" section on a 5th-grade pre-assessment.

And yes, the CAT tests reuse questions a lot too. I've looked at my then-9-year-old sister's test before doing mine last year, and about 1 every 20 questions there was one that was in both. And it gets worse as you get closer in grades -- I'm almost sure that the 8th-grade test is more than 75% the same as the 9th-grade test.
Guess what... this makes no sence

(02-01-2012, 06:51 PM)dominate Wrote: Guess what... this makes no sence

If you're referring to your post, then you are correct. :thumbdown: