NO!
SOPA was aimed at people like you, SK.

It was using a missile to kill a mosquito, but the concept of what they're trying to do is directed specifically at sites like that.

Personally, I think that pirating IS bad; how would you feel if you wrote a book, get it published with a 10% royalty, they put it in bookstores for $49.99, and then people just download it for free online?
Well I was worried since taringa is a site for sharing Ideas (games, music, movies and programs)
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(01-29-2012, 11:16 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: SOPA was aimed at people like you, SK.

It was using a missile to kill a mosquito, but the concept of what they're trying to do is directed specifically at sites like that.

Personally, I think that pirating IS bad; how would you feel if you wrote a book, get it published with a 10% royalty, they put it in bookstores for $49.99, and then people just download it for free online?

Because we're irresponsible teens who are poor and would rather not pay via iTunes? So honestly I wouldn't care- I would expect it and just tell fans to help promote me if they like me. No biggie.Rolleyes
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
I only pirate stuff if I couldn't afford to buy it legitimately. That's probably only 4-5 programs in the last several years.

Some of the companies that make professional software (Adobe, Sony, etc) actually inflate the price of their products, because they know that businesses will pay for it while individuals will just pirate.
I have the same opinion on this as Notch-
Quote:...So say a person pirates my game, but tells two friends about it, so they buy it...
So basically pirating is another form of free advertizement.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(02-03-2012, 06:15 AM)Interwebs Wrote: I have the same opinion on this as Notch-
Quote:...So say a person pirates my game, but tells two friends about it, so they buy it...
So basically pirating is another form of free advertizement.

That's right... Free advertisement... Yeah...
The problems only really happen when a large percentage of the people who use a program/resource/whatever are pirating and not paying; because if only 1 in 200 people pirate, the company doesn't really care, they're still making money off of those 199 people; but if 1 in 20 people pirate, then they'd be suffering some losses.
(02-03-2012, 05:44 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: I only pirate stuff if I couldn't afford to buy it legitimately.

So do I with games. I downloaded a pirated version of Skyrim because I couldn't afford it. It cost 60 dollars (Around 258 Argentinian Pesos)
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
I just pirate games that aren't available in British Retailers.