Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[GAME IDEA]: Trampoline Madness (need feedback)
Ok well I have a game idea. It'd be called Trampoline Madness - and it'd be compatible in single-player mode as well as multi-player mode. Basically you jump on a trampoline, and the more you jump, the higher you can go, it's really simple. It'd work a lot better in multi-player though. That's for sure.
I just need people to help me out with this project.
So far, I need a GUI designer/graphical designer, a coder who knows Lua who can help me out, and a builder (I'd help though since I would be a builder too).
Please guys, post what you think of my idea. I know it's not good- but it could work especially with MP. I need a team of people helping me out with this so it could be finished at a certain point. If you are going to put us all down saying "collab projects don't work out on here"; then DO NOT BOTHER TRYING TO JOIN THIS TEAM.
Also as for a builder, these are the questions that you gotta answer:
What experiences have you had with building on 2DWorlds? Or what could you make?
Why do you wanna be a part of this?
As for a graphical designer or GUI maker, here are the question that you have to answer:
Have you made GUI's before on 2DWorlds?
Have you made GUI's before outside of 2DWorlds?
Have you designed graphics for a game before on 2DWorlds/outside of 2DWorlds?
As for the coder, you must answer the following questions:
Do you know 2DWorlds Lua? (If you are Ghosty, you are accepted into the project automatically, same with Jacob_).
How long have you been on 2DWorlds?
Are you fluent in Lua? (doesn't have to be our version)

Anyway please post what you think of the idea. I know I abandon many projects, but this time I won't leave this in the trash since people will be helping me out, I can't do it alone. Thanks.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
Also two other things to add in:

We also need someone who can make sound effects and background music for this game (the sound effect would be a bounce noise that you'd make in RL while bouncing on a trampoline).

Also I know this game wouldn't be fair to play, I realize that. This game is not about winning or fairness though; it's about having FUN.

Well I WAS the walrus.
here's the problem

no one is going to script or build that
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
What would the point be? I've done this in a multiplayer server where someone made the ground bouncy. Eventually it was just us hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling, hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling, hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling, hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling... it was annoying, not fun.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
Ghosty, it'd just be a very social game. Basically, all you do is bounce on a huge trampoline, the more you stay on that trampoline bouncing, the higher you'll go depending on how long you've been on that trampoline. Ghosty, it's a little bit dumb, but please, I'm begging you, be a part of the project. 2DWorlds needs games, even if the point of the game is a little stupid, it's still a game.
Please Ghosty. We need a coder the most. Only basic coding would be required too.

Well I WAS the walrus.
(03-27-2013, 12:19 AM)Ghosty Wrote: What would the point be? I've done this in a multiplayer server where someone made the ground bouncy. Eventually it was just us hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling, hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling, hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling, hitting the ground, hitting the ceiling... it was annoying, not fun.

Was that two years ago?
Also Myem, if nobody can help me out with the building, I can do it myself.

Well I WAS the walrus.
(03-27-2013, 01:32 AM)Oak Wrote: Also Myem, if nobody can help me out with the building, I can do it myself.

Easier said than done.
You don't need any coding.

game.World.Ground.Bounciness = 3

There. You'll bounce higher and higher each time until you hit the ceiling 1000 units above the ground. Whoosh. Ow. Whoosh. Ow. Whoosh. Ow.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
It might be cool if you could make something like this, only bigger and with more bouncy stuff: http://archive.buildism.net/games/Buildism-Laser-Tag/30