Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Meteoroid Neutralizer
Play!

Obliterate these pesky space rocks by shooting at them with your ship! Single player game.

Any bugs, let me know and I'll do my best to fix them c:
I like it, but it needs:

-Speed control
-Non-collidable debris
-Faster turning radius
I can live with the turn speed, maybe the collidable debris if it's made to last less long (a suggestion for that: have them shrink away over time) but I agree with point #3 -- not being able to stop or slow down makes it, for me, nearly impossible to last more than 20 seconds while actively shooting meteors.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
Oooh, I never thought about speed control. Definitely adding that when I find time for it Big Grin

Not colliding with the debris you make is exactly the point of the game, though I see how it could get annoying.

I've also always wanted to add an upgrade/power-up system... Turning, acceleration, brakes, shields and the weapon could be upgraded this way.
So, my suggestions for debris:

Have them shoot away from the source a bit faster -- you did just blow up that asteroid with a nuke and not tap it with a pickaxe, right?

Have them either shrink away over a few seconds (ie crumbling into dust) or have fewer and larger debris chunks, which you then have to reshoot to destroy.

Have different-sized debris, and maybe make them circles instead of boxes -- little details like that are the kind of thing I tend to focus too much on Tongue

I totally agree than an upgrade system would be awesome. That would move it from a 5-minutes-of-going-around-blasting-space-rocks-until-you-get-bored-and-go-away game to a this-game-actually-has-a-point-to-it-gotta-get-it-all game.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]