Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[READ] [3-23-12] Buildism Mobile
(I had to restart this thread because the old one got off topic)

Hey guys, I am going to be working on a mobile version of Buildism. Bad nes first, if you use an iOS device, you won't and probably never will get this app. (I don't have a mac, or money to buy one) So the app will be for Android only.

THERE WILL BE AN iPHONE VERSION, HOWEVER YOU WILL NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN!

Alongside this project, I will be developing a game engine for Android. This engine will be open source, but I have yet to choose a license. Information on that will be coming later.

Sorry for the short post, I don't want to give out too much information atm, and I am not 100% sure about some stuff.

This thread won't be updated much anymore, because this project is separate from Buildism. All the new info will be on http://catman232.tumblr.com/ . I will change the title once I get a better name.
Minimum Requirements Checker:
[Image: img.php?s=6&d=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.co...ements.apk]
Scan this to get the APK, or use a direct link.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27072642/Buildis...ements.apk
If you see a green triangle, your device meets the minimum requirements.
Please post the results in the poll above.

UI:
[Image: Buildism_Mobile_UI.png]
This is what I am planning to make the UI look like, but this is just a rough sketch.

Scripting:
-Place Holder-
Why does that make you need to restart the thread?
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(03-04-2012, 02:33 PM)Hippo Wrote: Why does that make you need to restart the thread?

So it's not cluttered with useless posts (Like this one)
You're going to get posts that don't seem to fit directly into the original posts because inevitably, all of us tend to answer each other's posts. Such as what we're doing now.

AAAAANYWAY I don't have an Andriod Sad But good luck with it.
I've actually been learning how to do Android development in class this year. Good luck!

Do you know if there are any Java game engines that are compatible with both Android and regular Java? I'm thinking about making my next game for both platforms, and it would be great if I didn't have to rewrite all of the graphics code.
Green triangle on my Samsung Replenish!
Can't wait to actually play it!
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(03-04-2012, 07:29 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I've actually been learning how to do Android development in class this year. Good luck!

Do you know if there are any Java game engines that are compatible with both Android and regular Java? I'm thinking about making my next game for both platforms, and it would be great if I didn't have to rewrite all of the graphics code.

Next game? Y U NO BUILDISM?
(03-04-2012, 07:29 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I've actually been learning how to do Android development in class this year. Good luck!

Not really, but if you only want to write the code once, you could make your own classes that hook into the engine, and code the game using those.
(03-04-2012, 09:35 PM)Glome Wrote: Green triangle on my Samsung Replenish!
Can't wait to actually play it!

Glad it worked Big Grin
I looked up the Samsung Replenish, and you might have a hard time playing on that small of a screen. And since it is only a single core 600 MHz it might run a little slow. But it should be at least playable.

Thread Updated
(04-22-2012, 03:30 PM)Catman232 Wrote: Thread Updated

Sadly, I don't have an Android device.
I have an iPad.