Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Host a Buildism Grid server!
What is the Buildism Grid? When you join a public multiplayer server, it's responsible for starting the server and connecting you to it.

Until now the Grid has been hosted on the website or on my computer, but I've upgraded it to allow multiple grid servers. Just download this and use run.bat to start it, and your computer will be added to the list of available servers. When someone joins a game, the website will pick the server with the most available resources.

You can edit the run.bat if you'd like, the three numbers are the maximum number of servers, and the minimum/maximum amount of memory to be allocated to each server. Make sure you forward the port range 22000-23000 (22000-22010 will probably be enough) and it is unblocked in your firewall (or you've added Java to the list of allowed programs) or nobody will be able to connect to your servers.
(04-15-2012, 10:43 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: What is the Buildism Grid? When you join a public multiplayer server, it's responsible for starting the server and connecting you to it.

Until now the Grid has been hosted on the website or on my computer, but I've upgraded it to allow multiple grid servers. Just download this and use run.bat to start it, and your computer will be added to the list of available servers. When someone joins a game, the website will pick the server with the most available resources.

You can edit the run.bat if you'd like, the three numbers are the maximum number of servers, and the minimum/maximum amount of memory to be allocated to each server. Make sure you forward the port range 22000-23000 (22000-22010 will probably be enough) and it is unblocked in your firewall (or you've added Java to the list of allowed programs) or nobody will be able to connect to your servers.

Dear Colonizt,

Error 404. Not found

Love from,

Imperalizt

Not being rude or anything
Fixed.
It appears when starting a public server, there is a SAJAX error :/
Debug mode was turned on for some reason... fixed.

Also, PLEASE don't do this unless you know how to configure your firewall and can host a regular server. Kieron, I just banned your IP since I couldn't connect to it.
(04-15-2012, 11:10 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Debug mode was turned on for some reason... fixed.

Also, PLEASE don't do this unless you know how to configure your firewall and can host a regular server. Kieron, I just banned your IP since I couldn't connect to it.

Thanks?
Man... I would if I could but I can't. I hate my laptop.
Yay! I can download it. But does it cause a virus?
Anything Jacob_ puts up shouldn't have a virus. Ever.
I hope not. Cause I'm not restoring my computer again.