... Oh come on. Top down doesn't work in multiplayer.
Yeah, pretty much. Big Grin
Better idea: let's use NTP!
SCTP is actually nice because it's like reliable UDP, but it isn't implemented by default on Windows.
I found a good discussion here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topic...ead_of_tcp

It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure how to handle resending packets that can't be lost (which is just about everything, besides the physics/position syncing.)

Is using TCP and UDP at the same time any better than just using TCP, or is it slower due to the additional processing code?
Many games actually use both TCP (login, map data, etc) and UDP (physics, positions), and I don't think it would be slower in any way.
I prefer HTTP...
If you don't feel like using both TCP and UDP, you can make UDP more reliable by putting message numbers in important messages and have the client confirm to the server that they've received the messages in the right order. If the client loses one or receives one out of order, the server resends that message. It may be a bit tricky to get right, but it works. I still think it would be better and easier if you just used both TCP and UDP.
Does it work now?
Yes, but not respawning.

Carcade's leaderboard also needs even MORE work. It works fine... until someone leaves the game.
(05-08-2012, 03:02 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Yes, but not respawning.

Carcade's leaderboard also needs even MORE work. It works fine... until someone leaves the game.

What happens when someone leaves the game? =(