Let's speak some Buildism Logic
Now we all know why Buildism's community is small.

Let's discuss why it's like this.

1. No one advertises.
2. Not enough popularity.

Now what has happened in Buildism?

1. Raids from ROBLOX kids.

Now, that's not bad. But honestly this site isn't going anywhere.

Jacob_ a few people are seriously playing and/or making games.

I personally came from CubeBomb- since it sadly closed...

But even since now, the community has been more offline then ever.

My theories are that...
1. People just forgot about the site.
2. School keeps us busy.
3. People just sign up for a day, and then don't do anything.

Now what can we do to fix this place up (logically)?

Invite friends (in reality or just from games).
Put Buildism in your signature for any forum you're in.

and simply.... We need to make the games more entertaining.

*cough* and stop spamming/ only using the forums.
---
Good Memories on Buildism for Me?
1. TinyChat
2. Arguing between CubeBomb and Buildism
3. Debates/Convo's on forums.
4. Those few moments where we actually got along.

---
Wow, this site has certainly changed...
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
You make a great point, this site has certainly changed...
[Image: card.png]
(Warning: long, unorganized wall of text incoming)

Over 2 years ago, when the extremely buggy prototype to Buildism was being created, I did some research on sandbox game communities. I came to the conclusion that a sandbox game was the hardest kind of game to create, since sandbox games are heavily dependent on the community to create content. So to make a successful sandbox game, you either need to spend a lot of money on advertising, or just hope you get lucky.

And we did get lucky, with the Roblox raids. But we also got unlucky, because the game editor was nowhere near finished, and losing lots of work in a crash isn't a good first impression for a new user. I also made the mistake of getting Roblox to add Buildism to the filter so the DDOS attacks would stop, without thinking of how much that would hurt the community's growth in the future, and then there was the whole situation with CoderRyne, Ashely, mods going on strike, and me not being able to update the game due to college that caused a lot of people to leave.

I'll just go ahead and say that I'm not planning to make another major update. $1 a day from the ads isn't enough to justify the hours of code-wrangling that it would take to code the easy-to-use editor update, and the game I'm working on now has a lot more potential than Buildism.

So, if you want to see a change in the community, you have more power than I do.

One good thing about Buildism is that we're, for the most part, a community of like-minded people. Buildism is you, not just a Java game-creation program that doesn't work on Macs. I enjoy running successful communities as much as making games, so I could do just about anything that you guys wanted, even if it's getting rid of the 24/7 multiplayer and putting up a 20-slot Minecraft server. "Sodaplay" had an amazing community for many years, not because of the Java game that was abandoned by the developers, but because we were people who liked each other and got along well. I think the same thing might work for Buildism.
I'll tell people to join.

But, most people I know will probably be trolls.
Some might be decent...
I shall attempt to get new users.
Today, I learnt something:
If we advertise Buildism on other sites, we will gain members or at least awareness, but if we don't give the respect of what us Buildists are giving, we will be no more. No more being on Buildism while building or Roblox and no more internet going down...This is Buildism.
If only this one person would go on my Minecraft server...

I could tell them to join and tell others to join and tell others, until the Word of Buildism has spread.

Train of Logic
Is making a Buildism fan-site good to spread the word of Buildism? I can make a foruming website...
[Image: card.png]