Why has multiplayer been down for a while?
I just realized this..
Why is it down?
QQ
(06-10-2012, 12:28 AM)Walrus Wrote: I just realized this..
Why is it down?
QQ

Because nobody was using it, and it didn't work half of the time anyway. It also crashed the website a few times.
C'mon, Jacob_. It was fun, when we used it.
Please give us the proper stuff we need before we can make games.
(06-10-2012, 01:22 AM)Dignity Wrote: C'mon, Jacob_. It was fun, when we used it.

It was up for 6 months and you guys didn't make enough games to justify taking up 75% of the server resources. I checked the logs before shutting it down, and the last time anyone had started a multiplayer game was 5 days earlier.

You can still host servers on your own, which is the way most small multiplayer games with private servers do it.
(06-10-2012, 01:31 AM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(06-10-2012, 01:22 AM)Dignity Wrote: C'mon, Jacob_. It was fun, when we used it.

It was up for 6 months and you guys didn't make enough games to justify taking up 75% of the server resources. I checked the logs before shutting it down, and the last time anyone had started a multiplayer game was 5 days earlier.

You can still host servers on your own, which is the way most small multiplayer games with private servers do it.

Most of the users can't or don't know how.
If you make a game I'll host it for you/
I just care for the spirit of our community, come-on Jacobo, multiplayer was still buggy even if still people were using it.
Port-forwarding is actually quite easy, I have a friend who doesn't even know the difference between ram and memory but he managed it.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
I agree with Jacob_ right now -- it's buggy, it takes up a lot of the server's power, and there really isn't that much you can do with it right now. We got a few months of fun at Script Builder out of it. I think there isn't much more we could do at the moment to make it worthwhile. When/If more MP games can get finished, and Jacob_ can find the time and motivation to work out some more of the bugs, then it might be worth it again.
(06-10-2012, 01:30 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I agree with Jacob_ right now -- it's buggy, it takes up a lot of the server's power, and there really isn't that much you can do with it right now. We got a few months of fun at Script Builder out of it. I think there isn't much more we could do at the moment to make it worthwhile. When/If more MP games can get finished, and Jacob_ can find the time and motivation to work out some more of the bugs, then it might be worth it again.

Is there a monthly fee to host a server?