Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club")
(06-27-2012, 07:37 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I threw this together in just 10 minutes. (wav file, Mediafire cut off the extension somehow)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?btknelv59vs97vi

Doesn't really sound like dubstep. Sounds more like electronica.
Merr- looped the melody too much and lacked diversity.
[Just being a critique here]
---

Anyway... My thoughts are that dubstep does take some form of talent.

(06-27-2012, 05:31 PM)Micky Wrote: Yet you are not making the music, the computer does it for you, you just have to cordinate the times and add wub wub crap. Everything is pre-recorded. Again it doesnt show passion, talent, just a guy with a computer. im done.

The computer may generate the sound yes- but the computer is merely the instrument itself in my opinion. And it's not true you have to just coordinate,time, and add the "wub wub" crap. Imagine it like a drum or piano. Some artists use various mixers and DJ their own songs.

Dubstep is created in various forms with software, and hardware.

To create a synth you have to have knowledge on what to do with it to create a specific sound- it takes talent to create a working melody that works well with a line of synths.

Also dubstep itself can show passion. Even though you may not get it yourself, aggressive "wub wubs" (wobbles) express a grungy feeling. As you can also add calming synths to create an calm atmosphere. You can FEEL the mood from a song. Like in this.

and this

There are also various sub genres that don't just play generic sounds.
Dubstep uses live samples from real instruments too.

Anyway it's an opinion and rather personality to like dubstep.

But I find it hard to believe you hate all dubstep Micky.

Watch every video from start to finish, every song in order from this channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/HDmusicNexus/videos

Tell me after listening to all current 100 songs that you hate dubstep.
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
(06-27-2012, 05:56 PM)Luckyone Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 05:31 PM)Micky Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 07:58 AM)Luckyone Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 07:33 AM)Micky Wrote: a real instrument?Talent? I can go all night talking about motives for not considering it music.
This argument is not only old, it's flawed greatly. If you have ever used music software, say FL studio for example, you would know it takes alot of time to master.
Saying dubstep takes no form of talent is like saying photo editors have no talent. The only reason people don't say that about photo editors is because they know how it takes time to master photoshop.

Yet you are not making the music, the computer does it for you, you just have to cordinate the times and add wub wub crap. Everything is pre-recorded. Again it doesnt show passion, talent, just a guy with a computer. im done.
Since you think making music using programs like FL studio are extremely easy, please make some high quality music for me.
I mean it's just sooooo easy right?

Indeed it is, My dad is a guitar and bass teacher, and we have our own recording studio right in my house, we record all type of things from time to time, and re-master it.
Anyways, i don´t have to prove anything to you, my opinions are mine my friend.
(06-24-2012, 07:33 AM)Micky Wrote: I dont consider dubstep to be music. I do agree with Walrus, it is awful, it lacks, i dont know....a real instrument?Talent? I can go all night talking about motives for not considering it music.

[Image: family-guy-gif-hater-0.gif]

[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(06-28-2012, 05:36 AM)Interwebs Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 07:33 AM)Micky Wrote: I dont consider dubstep to be music. I do agree with Walrus, it is awful, it lacks, i dont know....a real instrument?Talent? I can go all night talking about motives for not considering it music.

[Image: family-guy-gif-hater-0.gif]

Indeed i will.

(06-28-2012, 12:54 AM)Micky Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 05:56 PM)Luckyone Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 05:31 PM)Micky Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 07:58 AM)Luckyone Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 07:33 AM)Micky Wrote: a real instrument?Talent? I can go all night talking about motives for not considering it music.
This argument is not only old, it's flawed greatly. If you have ever used music software, say FL studio for example, you would know it takes alot of time to master.
Saying dubstep takes no form of talent is like saying photo editors have no talent. The only reason people don't say that about photo editors is because they know how it takes time to master photoshop.

Yet you are not making the music, the computer does it for you, you just have to cordinate the times and add wub wub crap. Everything is pre-recorded. Again it doesnt show passion, talent, just a guy with a computer. im done.
Since you think making music using programs like FL studio are extremely easy, please make some high quality music for me.
I mean it's just sooooo easy right?

Indeed it is, My dad is a guitar and bass teacher, and we have our own recording studio right in my house, we record all type of things from time to time, and re-master it.
Anyways, i don´t have to prove anything to you, my opinions are mine my friend.
are you comparing a guitarist's studio to a dusbtep studio? and are you saying remastering is the same for both?
[Image: gtfo-10554.jpg]
I am actually...

My point:

Dubstep studio:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLJSfaGc0kbJWNcuzWZNJ...uim0AtRAt5]

Guitar studio:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqsZtUrKSbP9l5hMgXR37...peDbQ3xahA]

And yes, I'm saying that remastering is basically the same, the important difference is that in dubstep everything is pre-recorded you just have to play a little with the effects, and as i said before, add wub wub crap.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2YkJ2UMmlsjBQP_DGyvL...awVxfUY-S_]
(07-06-2012, 03:35 AM)Micky Wrote: everything is pre-recorded you just have to play a little with the effects, and as i said before, add wub wub crap.

That's a terrible explanation of dubstep. And you can't compare dubstep to other genres because they are COMPLETELY different. It'd be like comparing English to Spanish.
(07-06-2012, 04:49 AM)Paradox Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 03:35 AM)Micky Wrote: everything is pre-recorded you just have to play a little with the effects, and as i said before, add wub wub crap.

That's a terrible explanation of dubstep. And you can't compare dubstep to other genres because they are COMPLETELY different. It'd be like comparing English to Spanish.

I'm not giving an explanation of dubstep, I'm giving my opinion on dubstep, and why i don't like it. And i can compare it, They are both considered as music genres, therefor i can compare them.

It'd be like comparing English to Spanish.

They both say "Banana" the same way
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(07-06-2012, 12:56 PM)Who Wrote:

It'd be like comparing English to Spanish.

They both say "Banana" the same way

Yeah, but if you compare Spanish to Portuguese or French...