Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about my invention?
(07-18-2012, 04:41 AM)LOL Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

?

Sad I just found out on Google that Japanese scientists are already trying to make my invention that plays smells while you watch TV,but it only plays fruit smells. The Japanese will probably beat me. But that still leaves the digitital colonge maker left. Smile
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]
What about my portable pop fountain?
(07-18-2012, 05:13 AM)Leonartist Wrote:
(07-18-2012, 04:41 AM)LOL Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

?

Sad I just found out on Google that Japanese scientists are already trying to make my invention that plays smells while you watch TV,but it only plays fruit smells. The Japanese will probably beat me. But that still leaves the digitital colonge maker left. Smile

"my invention"

I'm pretty sure that some people had the idea to introduce "your invention" to the public before you were born. As I just said, it's not a new concept.
Smell-o-vision has been around in various forms since the 1950s.

The biggest problem that I can find with it (and the reason most theaters gave up on it) is, what happens when you're in a room that is not properly ventilated? Because although chocolate and tire rubber and campfire smoke can all smell nice separately, you really don't want to have them all mixed up together.

There's also the small matter of what happens when the chemicals run out. How do you replace them? Printer ink costs more than caviar, imagine how much they could charge for this stuff.
(07-18-2012, 02:14 AM)Leonartist Wrote: I just developed a concept invention that could change the home entertainment industry/electronic indusrty. It is very simple compared to the other inventions I have thought about. It is called the Smell-o-tron. What it does is it converts digital data into scents that you can actualy smell. It can be used when you watch TV, or if you want to download a perfume or cologne. For example, if you are watching a cooking show you can smell the food strait from your TV. There is endless possibilities for the smell-o-tron.

This is how it works. The human nose can sense about 50 different chemicals in the air, and this allows us to smell. This device will contain all these chemicals ecept the highly poisonous ones. The smell-o-tron will dispense these chemicals into the air, thus creating scents. This will all be done electronically. A cpu will regulate wich chemicals and their amounts will be put into the air. The chemicals will be mixed with H2O and sprayed as water vapor.

Another possibility is using the chemicals to make deoderent and perfume. This will be done using liquid water instead of water vapor. This machine will be like a soda fountain where you press a button and your requested drink is poured. But instead of soda, you get scented water.

Here are some possible drawbacks. Since the smell-o-tron will use about 50 different cartriges filled with different chemicals, it possibly might be too expensive for the average consumer to buy. People with allergies might not be able to use specific scents, but there will be a scent fillter though. Consumers might not enjoy smelling somone fart on TV, but a scent filter again will solve this.

Just so you know, I have never built the smell-o-tron, and I would if I had the supplies and money. I know basically how this divice will work, but if I started building it, It would take a couple months to finish.

Just let me know what you think of it. Big Grin

BLAH BLAH BLAH
I only read one sentence of this crap and it sucks.
SRSLY