Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is some story I started writing...
I started writing a story, I don't know if I want to finish it or not, but I got the prologue and I think half of chapter 1.

Animal Guardians
Year of the Dragon

By c00lcurt

Prologue

Hello, my name is Dog, recorder of the Animal Guardians, and I’m going to tell you a story about a young animal guardian. Well, if I can find it, let me see here, ah, here it is. This particular Guardian is a fine fellow named Dragon. Yes, quite surprising hmm? I too was surprised of our new guest, for dragons haven’t been around for centuries.
What’s that you ask? Who was dragon? Well, he has been with us for 50 years before he died. The shortest time any animal guardian has ever lived. How old am I? I am 2035 years old, the oldest of the animal guardians, and the first. So, let me see here, argh, lost the scroll again. Oh, I hear Cat coming. What’s going on Cat? You want to listen to the story with us, Rat wants to come too? Ah well, guess I better find that scroll. There it is!
Ok, the story starts on a foggy night….

Chapter 1

It was a foggy night, and Lion was taking a stroll through Wingwood Forest. Firefly was following him, lighting the night with her bright light. “Is it hard to see, Lion? I’ll shine the way through the fog for you!” exclaimed the little firefly, as they passed by the Grand Wingwood, tallest tree in the forest. Owl was resting in the great tree, for he didn’t mind the cold. “Who is passing my tree, who?” hooted the old owl when he spotted Firefly’s bright light. “It’s only us, Owl. Why are you out here, it’s terribly cold without a coat of fur like mine.” Roared Lion.
“Who, is it you Lion? Hoo hoot, I should have known! It’s actually rather warm in my nest, I would love it if you could come up here, but your too big.” The continued their walk, until they reached the old shack. Humans came and built this before they were vanished to Earth. Rat and Mouse still sometimes stroll over here and take a nap during the morning. Lion decided to rest in the shack for a bit and told Firefly to go on. Firefly shivered, for she never went out into the dark on her own.
She fluttered forward through the dark, misty night, and she thought she heard Wolf howl. Wolf sometimes liked to rest at Albatross Peak and howl at the night lights of the moon. “Another day, another night, I guess.” Wolf growled. As Firefly reached the gates of

Of what? Well, I didn't write that part yet. Should I continue?
I'm thinking if I do continue, I will call the place Firefly flying to Lancelot Palace, or Castle of Animalia. Smile
It's also intended for ages 8-15
(07-29-2012, 11:53 AM)c00lcurt Wrote: I'm thinking if I do continue, I will call the place Firefly flying to Lancelot Palace, or Castle of Animalia. Smile

Lancelot is pretty overused IMO, and I don't know if you're making a reference to it or not, but Animalia was a TV show on PBS kids about 4 years ago. Not a bad one, at that.

See, this is why I have trouble making names for my own things -- I can always find reasons NOT to use certain names but have a hard time thinking up good ones Tongue At times like this, I'll just randomly press a few keys on the keyboard:

koewrg

and see if I can make something out of them:

Kowerg

Kollewirge

Akonewragi
I had no idea that was a TV show. I just thought of something with the word Animal in it.
It feels like the name "Firefly" was used somewhere else before. :o
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
The protagonist has an awesome name. I hope this story has a good deutorogonist.
Basicly everyone in this chapter so far are good, the evil ones come later in the story.
How to make names up:

Invent language

Combine words

Done
Just my luck, Walrus voted it terrible.