There should be this new rule on skins
Like: "Don't post the same exact skin with colors modified, it's still the same thing."
Yeah, that should be counted under "spamming."

Also, post the same character part/skin/background in the "store section".
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
So basically no skin retextures.

I support.
I could see there being problems if a lot of people make recolors like this, but unless you're trying to make like 25 different colors, I see no problem making things like this from this.
Some people like making 2 capes with different colors (like the 4 capes I made), but this is still a good idea.
It's just I like retextures, but you can't make too many pointless ones, my 4 capes have a meaning in the retextures.
(08-09-2012, 07:29 PM)Qwerty Wrote: I could see there being problems if a lot of people make recolors like this, but unless you're trying to make like 25 different colors, I see no problem making things like this from this.
It's annoying, lazy, generic, and boring. Plus is floods the parts section with the exact same thing over and over again.

So Wheatley is the exact same thing as the Space Core? An blue t-shirt Jeff with jeans and blond hair is the same as the default skin?

It's not like we have 1000 high-quality skins. If it's unique enough in color (like, no indigo if you have bright blue) and it's not just a MS Paint-y doodle, I don't think there's an issue making similar skins in different colors.
(08-09-2012, 07:35 PM)Qwerty Wrote: So Wheatley is the exact same thing as the Space Core? An blue t-shirt Jeff with jeans and blond hair is the same as the default skin?

It's not like we have 1000 high-quality skins. If it's unique enough in color (like, no indigo if you have bright blue) and it's not just a MS Paint-y doodle, I don't think there's an issue making similar skins in different colors.
Key word is SIMILAR.
A skin can be similar, but not the exact same thing with a color change, changing colors is extremely easy and takes absolutely no effort at all. I'm fine with similar, but the exact same thing is just plain stupid.
Yes, taking a skin and just dumping it through Colorize two dozen times is quick, cheap, spammy, and not very worthwhile.

But do we expect everyone to want to wear the same superhero cape? To have the same colored sweater? To have identical pants?

As long as enough effort is put into the details and none of the variations are too similar to each other, I think it's fine. Is it really that much effort to look past 10 items in a 50-item-per-page catalog with only 2 pages?
Here are some retextures I made, and they don't look bad for retextures.

Red Necklace
Blue Necklace
Green Necklace
Yellow Necklace
Purple/Violet Necklace