So now that Jacob_ has abandoned this once great site..
Does that mean that most users will stop making games and stop working on them?
I can only imagine how many people we're loosing.
Is there anyway to convince jacob_ to not abandon this? Because I understand his situation, he cannot do everything and implement things all alone, he needs 1 or 2 other people to at least help him, guide him, and get things done. Working on a game like this requires trust, communication, responsibility, cooperation, and effort.
I also think that if Jacob_ wants an increase in users and wants to make a few extra bucks, then I recommend him changing the site background ASAP, the site design looks worse than doo doo. It's bland, unappealable, and resembles nothing, and that really draws players away.
Maybe jacob_ should find someone who's good with site design to make a detailed and colorful background to make this look vibrant.
What I'm trying to say is that Buildism needs a make-over in terms of its site design.
when did we start making games?
[Image: KbMTk.png][Image: uC9A1.png]
I know the design is bad, it's mostly because the last time I changed it majorly (which wasn't that bad, but the forums looked messed up in a lot of places) it made the HTML confusing and hard to update, and I don't have enough time to update this site anyway. If there's one thing I'm good at it's taking a simple design and making it more complicated until it looks like crap. Tongue

If someone has an idea that isn't too complicated I might be able to do it.
(10-21-2012, 04:19 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I know the design is bad, it's mostly because the last time I changed it majorly (which wasn't that bad, but the forums looked messed up in a lot of places) it made the HTML confusing and hard to update, and I don't have enough time to update this site anyway. If there's one thing I'm good at it's taking a simple design and making it more complicated until it looks like crap. Tongue

If someone has an idea that isn't too complicated I might be able to do it.
My idea:
change the damn background. Make it something orange.
~Invader~
Invader, Jacob doesn't realize this but the site design and background is what draws people AWAY, it looks so cheap, yet so poorly detailed.
Appearance with sites actually DO matter.