MC is as money-hungry as Roblox.
Things you can do without paid membership on MC - nothing. No games. Just forums. I couldn't even find the games.
Things you can do on Roblox without a paid membership - play games, buy items, forum. Etc.
Plus MC copied Roblox in some ways.
My conclusion; Roblox > MC. If you don't agree and want to flame me, I don't care.
~Invader~
Roblox -> Pay 5 bucks a month, or more, for premium. Also, if you want to be able to truly buy anything, you need to buy virtual currency with real money.

Minecraft -> Pay less than 30 bucks for life for premium. No virtual currency is ever involved.

Roblox -> You're stuck with their engine, their catalog, their forums, their servers, their rules.

Minecraft -> Server admins can tweak the heck out of the server for their clients (eg, Bukkit plugins) and there's also a huge modding community, which I am very much a part of. Anyone can run their own server with their own rules, or make their own skin. And there are dozens of popular, unofficial forums because there's no one Mojang-run one.

Roblox -> You get banned, you get BANNED. Done for. Can't play ANY servers. And if you bought BC, tough luck.

Minecraft -> Server owners decide who gets banned and why, and only for their server. Get in trouble at Random Server 457? No worries, they'll never know over at Your Favorite Server 123. This can be both an advantage and disadvantage, depending on whether you're a player or server hoster; this is one of the reasons Bukkit is so popular.

Roblox -> Built a huge 25,000 block world? RIP, CPU.

Minecraft -> Only 25,000 blocks? Did you just spawn and then quit? In Small render distance?
Roblox is an MMO with a paid membership.
Minecraft is a game that you BUY and once you BUY it you don't need to purchase anything else for it. (Unless they make DLC but that would be pointless since you can just make mods for everything)
[Image: KbMTk.png][Image: uC9A1.png]
(10-11-2012, 11:05 PM)Invader Wrote: Things you can do without paid membership on MC - nothing. No games. Just forums. I couldn't even find the games.

This isn't exactly true. I used MinecraftSP for about a year before actually buying the game. You just have to find a server with online mode set to false (and preferably a secondary login system)
"couldn't even find the games"

There are no "games" in Minecraft. Sure, people can build maps, but there's no "games."
There are single player worlds, with just you (well, you are just the only actual human.) and there are MP servers, where a bunch of people can play.

Please learn more about Minecraft before you go in and attack it.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
(10-12-2012, 01:24 AM)DysLabs Wrote: "couldn't even find the games"

There are no "games" in Minecraft. Sure, people can build maps, but there's no "games."
There are single player worlds, with just you (well, you are just the only actual human.) and there are MP servers, where a bunch of people can play.

That's what I meant by "games." I watched my friend with a paid membership play it earlier and it looks fun, but you have to pay to build. It's just not worth it.
"before you go in and attack it"
So now stating my opinion from what I've seen is attacking Minecraft?
If you guys insist that it's actually worth 30 dollars, I'll buy it. But I'll probably regret it in the future.
~Invader~
I'm sorry, but how stupid are you!?
This thread is like comparing WoW to Skyrim. One is a MMO with a free base, but access to a premium, monthly membership, the other is a stand-alone copy of a game which you can do whatever to.

Roblox is a MMO-Masively Multiplayer Online game. It's free because that's how they make money. You pay them absurd amounts of money EVERY MONTH for crappy virtual items.

Minecraft is a stand-alone indie game. You buy it and you own it, no strings attached. It's your copy and you do what you want. You can play creative with a free account.
Qwerty/Interwebs makes pretty much the biggest point here.

One's a sandbox game editor with virtual catalog. The other is a sandbox game.

You'd be better off comparing Roblox to Little Big Planet than to Minecraft, and they're still very different.

Also, how did MC copy Roblox in any way? I'm confused.
(10-12-2012, 01:55 AM)Invader Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 01:24 AM)DysLabs Wrote: "couldn't even find the games"

That's what I meant by "games." I watched my friend with a paid membership play it earlier and it looks fun, but you have to pay to build. It's just not worth it.
"before you go in and attack it"
So now stating my opinion from what I've seen is attacking Minecraft?
If you guys insist that it's actually worth 30 dollars, I'll buy it. But I'll probably regret it in the future.

Yes, you are attacking it.
But honestly, you pay who knows how much to ROBLOX EVERY MONTH.
If you can have two accounts with OBC and TBC, 30 dollars isn't going to affect you much.
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
Time to break out the price guide.

$300 = Roblox Turbo Builder's Club (lifetime)
$250 = PlayStation 3 (physical)
$200 = Roblox Builder's Club (lifetime)
$170 = Start-finish seats for the Daytona 500
$120 = Nintendo Wii (physical)
$65 = Backstretch seats for the Daytona 500
$60 = Skyrim (lifetime)
$60 = Gran Turismo 5 (physical)
$34 = About 10 gallons of gasoline (physical)
$30 = 6 months of Roblox Builder's Club
$27 = Minecraft Premium (lifetime)
$25 = 2,000 Robux
$22 = 2 months of Roblox Turbo Builder's Club
$20 = Portal 2 (lifetime)
$10 = Portal 1 (lifetime)