Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

I'm leaving.
I came here in the first place to make games. I stayed here to make skins and enjoy the wonderful community, that didn't cause drama, or insult each other, or get in big fights.

Nobody comes here to make games anymore.

Nobody comes here to make skins anymore.

Everyone comes here to cause drama and insult each other and get in big fights with each other.

Therefore I have lost all my interest in the site and it's finally pushed me to the point where my fondness of Buildism has been surpassed for my dislike of 2DWorlds.

I will be leaving now, and I don't expect to be coming back.

I won't remark on any of those people who have helped push me to this decision, or make any comments on the exact reasons. You all know perfectly well why, and if you want to think you're smugly superior to me and that I'm a stupid intolerant piece of garbage for it, I laugh at you because I care no longer.

I will, however, remark on those here who I have enjoyed being with here.

First and foremost, Jacob. In the time I've known him here, he hasn't ever let his Tourette's stop him from being one of the nicest, most tolerant, reasonable people I've ever known on the Internet, or in reality, too. I will never forget how hard he worked to make this place great for so long, despite so many of us -- myself included -- doing stupid things pretty often. It's to Jacob that I apologize most for the lack of things I've done for the site compared to what I could have, and for my current inability to stick around any longer.

Then, in no real order, the rest of the original guys who are still here. Void, you're the master of quiet wit, and your sense of logic is tops. Your pop culture knowledge is certainly not at all shabby, either. You've been a great guy to work with as a moderator and to hang out with as a community member.

Innerwebs, you may be a stinkin' brony who loves dubstep, but that doesn't really make me hate you Wink You're one of the best artists I know, and your sense of humor has been a big boost on several occasions.

DysLabs, obviously I thank you for being one of the few people to show huge support for my novel, even though I haven't worked on in much at all in 2013. It's also been great to have a fellow Portal 2 junkie to swap quotes with, of course, and to have someone to discuss technical Lua and Java and PHP stuff with. Even if I laugh at your awful misspellings now and again, it's all in good fun, and your inactivity here is yet one more reason I have not to stick around.

Kieron, we've been through hard times together. We've hated each other with a passion at times. But even when you were permanently banned from Buildism, we worked on coding a website together. Your love of strategy makes you one of the few people I've met who have a greater interest in it than I do, and I've been known to scribble up fake maps and imagine up fake military histories myself. I'm very glad I'm able to resign from leadership in the middle of a long-standing peace treaty between us.

Glome, we've also been at odds many times. But I've also been almost rolling on the ground laughing with tears in my eyes at things you've said before, too. BlandFlakes Corporation will always be my favorite made-up company, hands down. And you're right up there with Innerwebs as a great Internet artist.

VenomSinister, I won't even mention Eric or Nice here except in this sentence. You have been a truly, honestly nice guy on 2DWorlds and for most of Buildism, and you're another person who's awesome at digital drawing, and if there were many more people like you here I would definitely not be leaving now.

Micky (we miss you!) and Who, you're perhaps the best people on the site who never became moderators. Your grasp of English has only failed you on a couple of occasions at most, and you've always been fair and non-involved in the hideous drama that's enveloped us again and again. Whenever I think of Argentina, I think of you.

Omega, you might be the only guy who joined 2DWorlds instead of Buildism and stuck around a lot. We've disagreed a few times, but you've often been the most logical guy not on my side, in my opinion. If we could get more people like you, again, this post would not have been written.

There's a lot of other people, from past and present, who I've shared good times with here. Even some of those of you who have pushed me to say goodbye, I have had some enjoyable moments with that I hope were mutual. It saddens me very much to say goodbye to a community that's been such a huge part of my life over the past two and a half years, but I don't enjoy staying here any more. It's gone from paradise to hell. I tip my hat to those of you brave or foolish or nostalgic enough to withstand the inferno a while longer, but I'm toasted to a crisp.

Should any of you wish to keep in contact, you all ought to know my email, and if not, a simple search of these forums should let you know. My Minecraft Forums and SoundCloud profiles are the same name I had on Buildism.

Goodbye, everyone, and good luck.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]