The Brag About Your Post Count Thread
(05-15-2012, 10:13 PM)Latinxassassin Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 10:12 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: 4,900.

And grumpy.

Latinxassassin and Franco just don't seem to be the kind of people I feel like foruming with today.

I think you should forum with the people... wait, is cursing allow in Buildism.

Read the rules, genius.
(05-16-2012, 07:36 PM)Dignity Wrote: Read the rules, genius.

I forgot where to read the rules... :doubt:
[Image: card.png]
(05-16-2012, 09:48 PM)Latinxassassin Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 07:36 PM)Dignity Wrote: Read the rules, genius.

I forgot where to read the rules... :doubt:

Are you serious? It's linked in EVERY forum topic.
(05-16-2012, 09:53 PM)Paradox Wrote: Are you serious? It's linked in EVERY forum topic.

Oh...
(05-16-2012, 09:55 PM)Latinxassassin Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 09:53 PM)Paradox Wrote: Are you serious? It's linked in EVERY forum topic.

Oh...
...Yeah! Kool-Aid MAN!
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(05-17-2012, 12:50 AM)Glome Wrote: ...Yeah! Kool-Aid MAN!

How does Kool-Aid has to do with anything?
(05-17-2012, 01:28 AM)Latinxassassin Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 12:50 AM)Glome Wrote: ...Yeah! Kool-Aid MAN!

How does Kool-Aid has to do with anything?

Like you don't derail every thread you reply to (like this one)
The moment has come.

I cannot believe I have spent so much time here on Buildism over the past year and a half. For the first 6 months I didn't even really have internet, and had to get by on whatever WIFIs happened to be broadcasting nearby.

Then everyone came in April, and left in August, and suddenly I found myself on top of the post count list.

It's been tough for me over the past couple of months; I've had real-life issues I thought I'd left behind and forgotten catch back up to me and whack me in the face, and also realized that most of that past year had been a disastrous waste of my time that I could have, should have spent doing something, anything other than sitting in front of the computer staring at these forums for lack of anything else to do.

I also had the most fun I've had in a few years on April 1st and 2nd, just before the problems starting really hitting hard. THAT was awesome, guys.

Recently I've started doing a mix of about anything I can think of -- writing more songs (or half-songs, heh; most of 'em never get past the "catchy little tune that I just randomly played on the keyboard" phase), playing Roblox again (finally tried to rework the game I'd quit on 6 months ago and remembered why I'd quit on it), playing NASCAR '08 and Gran Turismo 4 and Tony Hawk 4 on the PS2 (I've allied every driver in the Sprint Cup and half of them in Nationwide, I've gotten to 20% in my new GT4 career after my sister deleted my 90% one by accident, and filled up the custom skaters' stats to 100% twice on THPS4), reading more books (the one I took my new signature from, for example), actually listening to the radio again (and then stopping just as quickly; someone at the radio station hates me. I don't want to hear "Misery" and "Falling to Pieces"!) and a billion other things to try and not get caught up in those aforementioned problems. So far, it seems to be working.

Then of course, there's the quality vs. quantity issue going on over here. Do we want more active users using some meaningless ROBLOX-style comments, or a handful of people posting interesting conversations? I hope we're on the path to the best compromise we can get there and that I don't end up just quitting the forums and working/playing on games now and again.

It's been a long hard road to get here, but somehow I've reached 5000 posts. Thanks for being here with me, you guys. I mean it in more ways than you know when I say I probably wouldn't be here without all of you guys -- InternetGuy, Paradox, Interwebs, Login, Sazaho, Franco, Kieron, Ice, Roperson/Dignity, realnashboy, especially Jacob_, and everyone else -- and when it's not in a flame war, spam attack, inter-community raid, or dealing with a temporarily irrational 11-or-12-year old (we've had our share of those and then some) the community here is one of the best on the internet.

I look forward to more time with all you Buildists.

EDIT: Wow. Part of those issues I'd been talking about are that I'm starting to see "connections" everywhere between random occurrences and my life, be it a book, a song, some sport. I just booted up Minecraft. The splash text said "Awesome community!"

Yeah.
That speech touched my Buildist heart...Thanks Qwerker for being here!
Now THAT is a post with quality.

P.S. 1,297 posts