@Jacob_, New Member Feature
Exclamation 
How about, everytime someone joins, Jacob_ puts an automated message saying "Welcome to Buildism.net! I am a very helpfull person.." Ect.
And make a message pop up at the top of the page saying that theres a new user.
[Image: bandcampbanner.png]
Better message:

" Hi, [username]! Welcome to Buildism!
Buildism is a 2D game creation site. You can make up to 5 games with our editor, make cool skins for your character, and chat with other users in the forums.
If you ever need help with something, let me or one of our Moderators know."

And then put links to the pages mentioned in it.
(04-23-2011, 11:46 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Better message:

" Hi, [username]! Welcome to Buildism!
Buildism is a 2D game creation site. You can make up to 5 games with our editor, make cool skins for your character, and chat with other users in the forums.
If you ever need help with something, let me or one of our Moderators know."

And then put links to the pages mentioned in it.

Thats kinda obvious and put in the homepage.

"And make a message pop up at the top of the page saying that theres a new user."

That would be annoying if we grow into a big community.
Hello [username]! Welcome to Buildism! Here at Buildism, you can create what you want using circles and boxes. Of course, there might be more! This is Buildism! You don't have to install! It's free, all you have to do is click Launch Editor at the top-right corner. It requires Javascript, so make sure you have that. Not only does Buildism offer boxes and circles, but Buildism offers a wide variety of physics - physics that can be edited! Change the bounciness, change whether the border shows, change the brick color - don't like the colors given? Go the other way, the color custom - change what a brick does using scripts, and much much more! Our users will help you if you ever need it, but there's a wiki page that you can use for any help necessary. Introduce yourself to us on the forums! Have fun and don't break the rules!
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
We can't be bots untill we are a huge community, that isn't right. We shall welcome them areselfs.
Thats true, Fish. I just thought it might be good for the newbs.