Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2DWorlds/Buildism: An Ancient History Lesson
2DWorlds started out under the name Buildsim in early 2009, created by Jacob Morgan in the Java programming language. But by the time it was published, it had been redone quite a lot, because the original code was extremely buggy. So Jacob switched a few letters around and published it at the domain buildism.net in November 2010.

At first, things were really slow. Over the first three months, only a hundred members or so joined. Then, someone over at Roblox found it, and posted in the Scripters forum. This was when I, amongst many others, joined the site. I was the 206th member [Qwertygiy/Qwerty] to sign up. Among other people still around today from this time are Innerwebs [Interwebs/Fat_Sacks/Qwerty, user #220], Void [Paradox, user #57], BuildistGuard [Testerrocksroblox/BuildistGuard, user #66], and DysLabs [roperson/Dignity, user#267].

Things were slow. We got around 2 threads and 5 posts per day. The only active members were the users mentioned above, InternetGuy, Asai (kind of), Daria-theblablybla, ILiekMudkipz (he pretty much left once I joined), Tyler, Sazaho, and Xray.

Then ODer signed up.

"So, does anyone want to do it with me?"

That stupid little laughable post caused such an uproar you wouldn't believe it. EVERYONE was shocked. After another troll, RudeLittleBoy, signed up and made a rather inappropriate skin, the community decided that we needed mods.

At the end of March, myself, Sazaho, Interwebs, Paradox, and Tyler were hired as moderators. Just in time, too, because on the afternoon April 1st, someone posted about Buildism in Roblox Off-Topic. And thus was born the April Fools Raid, that brought our user count from just at 300 at the end of March to nearly 1000 midway through April.

And thus a booming little community was born. Several more mods were hired -- Login, Scripter, Ashely, and Ice. And other active members joined, some of whom are still here today -- noob007, Duck, Hippo, Kieron, Glome, AK-47, Fire, Sergentkyle, LOL [whom you know as Myem], Micky, Who, Chaos, Ming-Yan, Fish, broloxer, McNoobster, simonheros, DSiDewd, Spongebob1212, Land, Rare, toast, Domino, TheFlame, Brassrhino, Excel, Gus, Elite, Blizzard, Admin, Eric, Good, DJ_Waffles, Car....

Of course there were trolls and spammers and flamers at first, but they were quickly stomped out.

Then the first community troubles began. Broloxer and LOL and Kieron got in a lot of fights with each other. Then Kieron and Glome had some disagreements with the moderators, especially Ashely. This led to multiple bans for them, which were often dodged by alternate accounts. Kieron was the first Buildist to recieve an IP ban, and then the first to recieve a permanent IP ban, which was revoked and reinstated several times before his final parole. Spongebob1212 also had disagreements with the mods, and also made a ton of alts. There was an incident where Eric aka Nice got ahold of Sazaho's password somehow, with the help of Kieron, and banned a ton of people. And Fish and TheFlame eventually "turned" and were banned, while Land, Fire, and Ming-Yan were temporarily made moderators before eventually being dismissed for inactivity.

Then there was The CoderRyne Incident. Coder joined in late May, and by a month he had risen to the rank of Moderator. But he was extremely formal and verbose, and was a little tricky to deal with. He got in disagreements with Ashely, who had recently been promoted to Community Manager, and though the rest of the mods backed up Ashely at first, eventually Ryne managed to convince many of us, myself included (for which I am still somewhat ashamed) to resign until Ashely was demoted. This simply led to the site being shut down for a week while Jacob reworked the moderation team.

After this, things were SLOW. CubeBomb.com, whom we shared many members with and considered a friendly place, shut down, and thegamerland.com, which we originally tried to like but all eventually ended up hating with a passion, opened up. (Ashely became a moderator on both sites, and Glome and Excel and Fish were among the mod team on TGL before all being dismissed for various reasons.) Franco30557 joined, as well as Emperor and Invader, becoming some of the only newer members to stick around. Latinxxassassin also joined, but apart from spamming to get a ton of posts in early 2012, he didn't do much.

Ahhhh, Franco.

At first, he was a nice enough guy. But then he joined with Latin in a mad rush of derailing, sidetracking, and outright spamming for posts. And after that, things took a turn for the insane. We had a site chat at the time, and that was his realm. If you want to read some of the things he said, as well as a much more detailed history of how things happened from May 2012 until the site closed in August, you can read the old chat log here.

Also, if you want a biography of Franco, you can read this. Big Grin Knowledge of the plot of Portal 2 is quite helpful.

In August, after Franco finally annoyed the heck out of everyone for the last time, Jacob decided to wipe the site clean and start fresh. Me and the other mods had had to convince him not to do this several times before, but at this point we were all fed up with it. And so the site was reset and everything was fine and dandy and happy.

For a week or two.

Then Franco discovered proxies, and demolished Kieron's old banned alt-accounts record.

In the end, Buildism was scrapped, and 2DWorlds was created.

And there you have it. A rough history of 2DWorlds' ancient community.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
I remember all of this. Bad old times. :I
[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.
i thnk this game is an obvious copy of roblox if u dont take it down by midnight tonight i will sue you
Sazaho's password was grabbed from my VERY insecure database.
Must have really taken time to type this post. You put a lot of effort on this and I must say you have a good memory. Tongue
Good job!
[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.

Has it really been that long?
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
Wasn't it McNoobster who got Sazaho's password, and then just gave it to Eric?
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
There were several different stories going around, some including McNoobster and MisterObvious and X-Fire, but all we know for sure is that Eric got Sazaho's password with the direct or indirect help of Kieron.

Like the thread says, it's ancient history. (shrugs)
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
You forgot to add me in there. I really had no importance in Buildism history. I signed up around the same time a Franco.
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]
(01-25-2013, 04:48 AM)Leonartist Wrote: You forgot to add me in there. I really had no importance in Buildism history.

>You forgot to add me in there.
>I really had no importance in Buildism history.

You just contradicted yourself