Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

IP-check for limiting alternate accounts
I don't know why none of us have thought of this yet, but I came up with what I think is a pretty decent idea to stop excessive name-sniping and ban-evading.

I believe there should be a way for the system to automatically check a user's IP when they try to register, and compare it to the database of IPs. If that IP has registered an account, or has logged into an account that was banned, within the past 24 hours, then they get told "You cannot create another account for X hours". Similarly, they cannot register more than 4 accounts per month (which may still be an excessive amount, in my opinion).

Note that the banned-account portion is not the same as a 1-day IP ban because they would still be able to log into pre-existing accounts.

Opinions?
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
We used to have something like this, but I got rid of it because it was keeping people from signing up if they shared an internet connection with another member.
Yes. Just yes.
Jacob_, bring it back. This will stop Walrus and stop all the new members (mostly ROBLOXians) from taking all the namesnipes.
~Invader~
Can't a family use the same account?
[Image: 2eehsib.gif]
Name sniping isn't the issue with this suggestion.

It's to prevent too many people from making spam alts and the like.

However, from seeing Walrus spam, he seems to be able to use proxies. So wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using the IP check?
[Image: JVB0D.png]
Also I recently installed a plugin that makes it really easy to clean up after spam alts (click one button to delete their account and all of their posts) so it's a lot easier to deal with.
We should bring back that forum feature that shows what other accounts a person created on every post that is made by that person.
http://2dworldsfansite.weebly.com
[SPOILER][Image: NDIBirc.gif][/SPOILER]
my computer runs on a Dynamic IP address,
so pretty much whenever the router is unplugged for an hour or two i would have a new IP.

pretty much, anyone with dynamic IPs could still bypass it,
then theres proxies and so on.
[Image: whatdidyoudofix.gif]