Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++ Questions
If you guys have any questions related to C++, feel free to post them here or PM me.

I'll be glad to help.
To be actual, C++ isn't a scripting language. It's a programming language. Scripting requires a "translator" of some sort, like Python or Lua.
I know it's not a scripting language, but who cares. :p
Oh.

Well, my question is: Why do people more openly express their love for SFML instead of SDL?
I believe it's because SFML is more new, and less popular, and no one really expresses their love for something that's standard and has existed for years.

It may also have to do with SFML's simplicity.
How do you feel about all these optimized, easier languages rising like 'go'? Will they soon replace C++?
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
(05-14-2011, 07:56 PM)noob007 Wrote: I know it's not a scripting language, but who cares. :p

lots of people get antsy about things like that
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
(05-14-2011, 10:29 PM)Chaos Wrote: How do you feel about all these optimized, easier languages rising like 'go'? Will they soon replace C++?

I believe they probably will replace C++ in the future, but I don't think any time soon.

Go, especially, is still considered a "toy language". It will take time until it's considered a practical language.

(05-14-2011, 10:37 PM)toast Wrote:
(05-14-2011, 07:56 PM)noob007 Wrote: I know it's not a scripting language, but who cares. :p

lots of people get antsy about things like that

I know, the same thing happens in the Roblox Scripters' forum. xD
How would I link "Meta.xml" to my C++ program, then print the context to the screen?
What do you mean by linking it?