You know, Roblox mods used to stay in touch with the community...
But as the community grew, mods lost touch with the community, as they think that they are much better than them.

When this site grows, I wish that the mods would still stay in touch.
So far we're doing our best at that!

But its a lot easier when we're 1/10th to 1/5th of the community, instead of 1/300000ths.
(06-08-2011, 01:04 PM)AK-47 Wrote: But as the community grew, mods lost touch with the community, as they think that they are much better than them.

When this site grows, I wish that the mods would still stay in touch.

Who says we're going to lose touch? If Jacob_ stays the way he does, then we don't have to be controlled. You see, ROBLOX actually has something stating if you stay too in touch with the community, then they'll fire you, and that can be proven with ZontanFerrah. He was fired for a while for responding to PMs.

To go along with that, they just didn't handle things right in the beginning!
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
As for us...

Me and Login were the last repliers in all the threads of the Recent Posts section when I posted this. Smile
(06-08-2011, 01:11 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: As for us...

Me and Login were the last repliers in all the threads of the Recent Posts section when I posted this. Smile

I'm surprised, too! Mainly because my other computer, Vista, (oh booy how I've missed it!) is coming back now! We had issues finding the CD, and so then we bought it, and then we found out that mom (I live with grams, she's not like a 70 year old, she's 49) had it in her purse 2 days after we bought it. So now the CD is going to the neighbor's house, so they can fix it. Hallelujah.
(06-08-2011, 01:14 PM)Login Wrote: my other computer, Vista, (oh booy how I've missed it!)

Wow. It must really have been bad if you miss Vista.
(06-08-2011, 01:21 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(06-08-2011, 01:14 PM)Login Wrote: my other computer, Vista, (oh booy how I've missed it!)

Wow. It must really have been bad if you miss Vista.

Vista has a bad reputation because it is not for people who don't know simple computer basics. Those people who didn't ruined Vista's reputation completely. The 2007 Windows Vista is the best Vista. The supposedly 2nd best Windows product, Windows XP, the one I'm on, is suckage. It had over 300 malware. If my computer has had many ad-pop ups, but only a TOTAL of 50 malware, then there's something wrong with XP. On one scan, the XP had a total of 300 + malware. I used the same scanning software under same conditions. I was like "4 isn't a fair amount. I'll just add all of my malware ever together for vista" and look. 50 < 300. If you dislike malware, I'd suggest getting Vista. The only reason it crashed in the first place was I accidentally took my firewall completely off.

My Vista lasted 3 years before I did this, 3 years with a total of 50 malware. Meanwhile, a computer for 3 years that's XP got a total of 300 malware. I checked this computer, and to tell you the truth, I have no clue about it, because Carmen installed things that I've never heard of. Not virus things, but things I don't know what to do with.

There's a trick, if you download Malware Bytes, CCleaner (then CCEnhancer, an add-on to it), and Mozilla FireFox (I found that even GoogleChrome eats RAM up like crazy. Which is why I uninstalled it.) then you should never have to worry about anything. I maintain my Vista once a week. Scan it once a month. As soon as I wipe the drive, I know the only things I'll ever need: FireFox, CCleaner (with CCEnhancer), Malware Bytes, Minecraft, and Buildism. I will never need to install a single thing there-after.

Vista has a proven performance better than any other Windows computer. I can compare my Vista to Carmen's XP. Same RAM. Apparently, Vista doesn't require much to run, so there isn't like a huge list of tasks that are required hogging up memory.

I decided to test it against the main Windows Vista computer, it's a different version, and it has 4 GBs of RAM. Every task you put up is a memory hog. I have even decided to make results more accurate, and use malware bytes, defrag (defragging literally took the whole day) and CCleaner (which means registry cleaned). My 1GB of RAM used memory much more sufficiently than that with 4GBs of RAM.

Now, you say it's bad?
I have my XP gaming computer, and a Vista laptop. Now, Vista has plenty of nice features, but the overhead -- it requires a lot of backup process running a lot, eats up RAM, and after it had been turned off and not turned on for 2 months, it took 10 minutes to get to the log-in screen and half an hour to get sufficiently loaded to pull up an Internet window. (This with CA antivirus being used before and after it was turned off, which is somewhat annoying in that it stops ANYTHING it suspects as not being right -- it even wouldn't let me play Roblox for a while. During the time it had been turned off it had not been plugged in, so it had pretty much no power.)

Wheras my XP gaming computer, which I am on right now, took the normal amount of log-in and load-up time after a similar time off the grid.

Now, Vista may work fine for you if you have a nice new computer with a fast processor and about a gig of ram, but on my 512-gig Acer Laptop, it's slow. Even after a complete reinstall. Whereas my XP computers (also having gone through a complete reinstall) are still going relatively fast.

I have nothing against Vista except that it takes up a lot more memory to run, and is so complicated -- well, it took me and my dad, who having used both Vista and XP for 3 years, 2 days of almost nonstop work to get a network between them to transfer files.
That may be due to the version. Like I said, version matters. I don't know my Vista version, but it's an 07 one. It doesn't eat RAM. It takes a second to load up the login screen. I don't find it annoying in the least bit.
(06-08-2011, 02:36 PM)Login Wrote: That may be due to the version. Like I said, version matters. I don't know my Vista version, but it's an 07 one. It doesn't eat RAM. It takes a second to load up the login screen. I don't find it annoying in the least bit.

I think we got our laptop early in '07, with Vista Premium edition.