Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
My application.
Why should we hire you as a moderator on Buildism? (what qualities do you have that are good for a moderator?)

I use good grammar, for one. I know that's not a qualifying thing in itself but it casts a little more respect on a site when its users, especially moderators and admins, use good grammar.

I'm honest. I try to never lie to anyone. I know, I'm not perfect, but I will tell you what I think.

I tend to mess around but be serious, and I realise people have human error.
I'm not going to whip out the hammer every time I see something out of line and I'm not going to have a guidebook of responses for every situation, because if you stick to iron rules, things become too much of a serious, rather uninviting environment- that can be a bad thing, especially in smaller communities like Buildism.

I also have prior experience, as listed below.

Why do you want to become a moderator?

My main reason for wanting to become a moderator is because I want to be able to play a leading part in a growing community like this. it's what drove me to forum a large amount on CubeBomb, and it's what brought me here. I didn't come here FOR a mod position, but I came to be a part of what's happening now.

Do you have previous experience at any other forum as a moderator?

I've both been a Forum Moderator and am currently a Mod on CubeBomb. I was promoted by an admin the first time, (f-mod), and was then elected recently (a month or 2 ago) as a Mod.

What timezone are you located in?

Central Standard, GMT-6:00, although I'm active almost all day.
~Phoenix, Buildism's resident flaming bird, CubeBomb Moderator, Lua Coder, and overall mature individual. :3
Excuse me but, if but, if you already have a job, why would you want one here.

Technically we would only have you on half of the time moderating this site, and the other half cubebomb.
[Image: chaosthegreat.png]
Exactly.
(06-15-2011, 04:24 PM)Chaos Wrote: Excuse me but, if but, if you already have a job, why would you want one here.

Technically we would only have you on half of the time moderating this site, and the other half cubebomb.

It's called multiple tabs. You think I would apply if I couldn't handle the schedule?
~Phoenix, Buildism's resident flaming bird, CubeBomb Moderator, Lua Coder, and overall mature individual. :3
I'm warning you though, three tabs wore me out fast during the raid, so that two hours worth of that made me extremely irritable. (Though the RRR definitely had something to do with that.) Two tabs was manageable, but only just -- and I'm one of the most active Buildists.

I managed 8 tabs. :>