Minecraft?
I am thinking about trying out minecraft. (I have never played before)
Now before I play I have some questions.

Let's pretend I am a friend from school. You trying to convince me to play minecraft. Tell me what's fun, what's the point, what you can do, etc.
Let's see. There's nothing not-fun about it. It can't get boring.

You have the option of your difficulty, if you want no monsters spawning, you should probably play on the difficulty of Peaceful. Now, you'll start out lagging if you don't have a good computer. You'll want to press ESC -> Options -> Video Settings -> Graphics: Fancy. Change that to Fast. Then change Render Distance to a distance that won't lag you.

It is fun because you can build whatever you want, craft really cool things, and survive. I can't explain, but you can do whatever you want. Terrain generation never ends.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
Sounds cool. I am checking out a couple of tutorials before I start.
If you're trying the free version that's basically just "walk around a reasonable-sized map and delete or add bricks from the first-person view".
(06-22-2011, 06:20 PM)Login Wrote: You'll want to press ESC -> Options -> Video Settings -> Graphics: Fancy. Change that to Fast. Then change Render Distance to a distance that won't lag you.

Thank you, that helped out a lot.
(06-23-2011, 05:18 PM)Ice Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 06:20 PM)Login Wrote: You'll want to press ESC -> Options -> Video Settings -> Graphics: Fancy. Change that to Fast. Then change Render Distance to a distance that won't lag you.

Thank you, that helped out a lot.

No problem.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]