Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2DWorlds: but in 2.5D instead of 2D?
Well it's recently came to my attention that we have to become hip. This isn't 1994 and 2DWorlds seems outdated. If our graphics changed to 2.5D then we would change drastically in animation, physics, and graphics of course. With that being said, we would definitely appeal a lot more to people than we do now.
Let me give you an example of what a 2.5D game looks like; it's basically a crossover of 2D and 3D but in the middle:
[Image: 1341820574468.jpg]
^That right there is what Super Mario Brothers would look like if it were 2.5D, pretty cool right?

Here is a video showing another 2.5D game, notice how the camera positioning is a bit different compared to 2D:

I think it'd make a great addition to the site, although I never think it'll be possible for us to transform majorly from 2D to 2.5D.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
This looks pretty cool, Its like a 3D-ish game
If its possible to put in 2DWorlds I support
It's possible like anything, I suppose.
But this would cost Jacob_ a lot of money to implement I assume which is troublesome.

Well I WAS the walrus.
It would be cool to re-make Mario in 2.5
Raiden, I think it's already been made.
But that is off-topic anyway.
I think that we are really in need of some sort of update (whether it be a big one or a small one).

Well I WAS the walrus.
You can't really upgrade a 2D game to a 2.5D game. You have to downgrade a 3D game to a 2.5D game. And this isn't a 3D game.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
Ghosty, I don't really get that. How can you downgrade but cant upgrade?

Well I WAS the walrus.
(02-24-2013, 11:35 PM)Oak Wrote: Ghosty, I don't really get that. How can you downgrade but cant upgrade?

2D engines cant handle anything over 2D.

2.5D is just 3D in 1 layer, therefore 3D engines can handle it.
So why can't we convert to 3D then downgrade to 2.5D?
Also guys, instead of critiquing, please tell me if you think it'd be good for 2DWorlds in terms of gong 2.5D.

Well I WAS the walrus.
(02-25-2013, 12:47 AM)Oak Wrote: So why can't we convert to 3D then downgrade to 2.5D?
Also guys, instead of critiquing, please tell me if you think it'd be good for 2DWorlds in terms of gong 2.5D.

Lots of work.
[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
Let's dance